Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Training Provider Directory

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

I remember this directory from 12 years ago when I was in training. I am now a publisher and I am interested in publishing something like this but have the same concerns you have raised. This for me cuts across most aspects of publishing and is a real concern as everybody knows but more concerning to me is the fact that people who are not online will miss out on information and as statistics show, not everyone is online! (even those who should be!).

I did once put together a very small local handbook (more for marketing than anything else). I got all the providers that I used regularly together and we all contributed towards its production. We had a central office where a lady fielded all calls that came from this book and forwarded messages on to the relevant provider. I was very select in who I invited to ensure ONLY quality providers were included, and there was NO duplication of courses or services. Each provider that participated received copies of this booklet and handed it out to their clients (networking all other providers).

It worked well until I started working for someone else and it just died. Nafisa, maybe you can investigate the viability of something like this again.

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Yes, Tim I’d be interested in hearing the views of the wider audience. I’ll post in all training and HR forums and associations. Perhaps others can contribute online forum and association addresses so I can start a small scale research on this.

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Yes, Tim I’d be interested in hearing the views of the wider audience. I’ll post in all training and HR forums and associations. Perhaps others can contribute online forum and association addresses so I can start a small scale research on this.

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media