Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Survey to determine need for ABET

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We’re experiencing a lack of interest, from staff and management,┬áin ABET. Does anyone have a survey that can help us determine the staff’s feelings/thoughts around ABET. An assessment tool would be ideal in determining ABET levels but our staff are anti assessments and a survey would be a better approach.Any ideas?

Share on Social Media

Dear Meena, I can sincerely empathise with you on that front, as in all my years of experience with ABET, this is a common trend when it comes to wanting to introduce ABET within an organisation…mainly due to the misconception that it means going back to learning ABC’s. It is for this reason that we have incorporated Sensitisation & Awareness Sessions as the first step, which essentially also help to determine & effect positive change within the current mindsets of both the individuals identified for the ABET Programme as well as management & key stakeholders (departments/staff to be impacted upon by the programme). I would thus highly recommend that you try this approach.

Feel free to check out our ABET Profile on http://www.defining.co.za. You will also find my contact details on the site, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need advice.

I wish you all the best with your venture as I feel very passionate about re-defining people’s understanding of ABET & effecting critical incidents of change relative thereto.

Kind Regards
    Delvalene Whitten-Hing
    Defining Moments Training & Development

Hello Meena. We have found this too – it is based on a mixture of pride, ignorance of ABET, mis-understanding etc and is not unusual at all in all levels of the workplace. The problem with a survey is that the people who actually need the ABET often do not grasp the survey which results in further lack of response – and not necessarily disinterest. Many have complete misconceptions about ABET thinking it is for “dummies”. We have found the best approach is to talk to the group in an informal session. We have a structured awareness campaign for this. Please call me on 041-363 0334 and I can arrange one of our account managers from Triple e Training Holdings closest to you, to assist you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media