Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

SETA Tender Irregularity – What Should Be Done

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Good morning All

I have recently discovered what I believe is an example of tender irregularity that has had the effect of negatively impacting on the SD industry. I have the documents to prove that not only should the company that had the winning bid not have been considered at all (because there are much more reputable companies accredited to offer the assessor training course that were not considered), but when the course was run, the state and content of the learning and assessment materials leave a lot to be desired.

I have attempted to get feedback from SAQA, but perhaps someone else in this forum has contacts that they believe I could approach?

I didn’t submit a bid and thus don’t have an axe to grind with the SETA or the company concerned, but as a fellow assessor and moderator, I would like to believe that an assessor who is deemed competent will be able to do the job for the love of it and not just as a means to an end. Am I wrong?

I feel I must make it clear that I am not questioning the competency of the candidate assessors, many of whom are qualified teachers who simply ‘need this piece of paper’ because that is what the SETA’s require. These candidate assessors have been severely disadvantaged by the provision of substandard materials. What’s more is that their attitude towards SERTA’s and adult skills development has been further diminished as a direct result of their experience on this course.

I believe that this SETA must be made to account by us – the general public – as well as the ETDP SETA.

Share on Social Media
    Des Squire
    Participant

I would suggest you report it to the ETDP SETA so that they can check things out as part of the verification process. I can assure you they will act and do the necessary.

Thank you Des. Can you inbox me a contact?

Celeste, you mention that you “attempted to get feedback from SAQA”. Could you please inbox me with the details of what exactly you did and/or who you contacted at SAQA. I will really appreciate that.

Indeed – I suggest you submit a complaint to the Public Protector, as public money and a state entity were involved.  Was it a national tender or a regional tender?  I might be able to assist you in this regard. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media