Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Public Works Department Ombudsman

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

I thought that skills-universe members would be interested in this news report from SANews.gov on the 18th May 2017, distributed as part of the budget announcements.
      Doesn’t this sound exactly like what we need in the ETD sector to resolve disputes between:- providers and clients, Setas and providers, Setas and QCTO, a professional body and SAQA, providers and the DHET, etc, etc?
      Now I wonder will the new Ombundsman be able to resolve a dispute between the CETA and a training provider they have procured to train contractors? I think so. Is this the thin end of the wedge?

“The Department of Human Settlements has established an Ombudsman Office to deal with issues of conflict between contractors, provinces and municipalities, Minister Lindiwe Sisulu announced on Thursday.
      “With the Ombudsman Office, we are setting up a structure that will mediate, work with all stakeholders to resolve disputes and cut through red tape for the best interests of the human settlements sector as a whole,” Minister Sisulu explained.
      The Minister was tabling her department’s R33.4 billion Budget Vote for the 2017/2018 financial year, in Parliament, on Thursday.
      She also announced that the department has completed the process of appointing a Human Settlements Ombudsman, Themba Mthethwa, who was previously the CEO in the Office of the Public Protector and Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS).
      The Ombudsman’s role is to deal with all complaints that either the construction sector or the general public may have against the department or any of its entities.
      The Minister said the department will advertise for the position of a Deputy Ombudsman because of the enormity of the responsibilities.”

Share on Social Media
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media