Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Private Providers – your chance to improve QCTO accreditation systems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 13 total)
  • Author

If you are a skills development provider, who has experienced frustration in dealing with QCTO on accreditation, then this is your chance to make a difference – by participating in this research project.

“Southwood Skill Development is an independent research consultancy.
    We have been appointed by the QCTO to conduct research into the accreditation, and monitoring and evaluation of skills development providers.
    A key part of this research is to hear what the providers have to say about their experiences, both with the SETAs and the QCTO, in terms of accreditation and monitoring and evaluation processes.
    We are looking for providers who would like to be interviewed about their experiences and contribute their stories to our research. This is a wonderful opportunity for provider voices to be heard with the possibility of seeing a positive influence on these processes in the future.
    All data collected will be reported on anonymously and providers will not be identified in the report.
    Interviews are being conducted in the next 3 weeks (29 November 2021 – 17 December 2021).
    Please email me on southwood.research@gmail.com if you would like to participate.
    I look forward to presenting QCTO with some clear voices from our community of providers. Thanks, Colette Tennison.”

I know Colette personally, as an extremely knowledgeable, experienced, and professional practitioner. I also know that the QCTO are serious about making changes to streamline their procedures.

So private providers, don’t miss this opportunity. Now is the time to step forward, and make a contribution to this research – to benefit the implementation of OQSF programmes.
    Please contact Colette directly.

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Thank you Sylvia

Colette Tennison
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia for posting this. I look forward to hearing from providers. Rest assured that all information is kept confidential and your name will not be mentioned in the report. I am trying to get a range of providers as I would like to present QCTO with a clear picture of what is actually happening and give your suggestions on how to improve things.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you,
    Colette

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

H Colette,
    Thank you, mail sent.

As far as confidentiality is concerned, I have no issue with being identified, despite the general attitude of sticking heads up rear ends, I have no doubt those I have referred to in the mail are well aware of my presence. There appears to be a distinct denial of the reality of circumstances faced by SDP’s and practitioners in the name of unannounced desktop compliance. When compliance causes loss of income and unrealistic criteria crucify both SDP’s and practitioners, perhaps checklist compliance needs to include considerations such as logic and reality, although interpreting these traits may be difficult for those mind numbed by one size fits all checklists.

Lord, I sincerely regret the day checklists became the norm and human traits of empathy and compassion, along with logic and integrity, exited stage left. These things opened the door to sub-standard processes that removed any contextual abilities. I trust the plastic checklist jockeys sleep well at night, I know my human SDP’s don’t.

Renee’ McGibbon
    Participant

Hi Collette, Sylvia, Nigel and all (hopefully many) concerned providers and stakeholders in South African Education,

Email sent!

I whole-heartedly agree with Nigel – I have no desire to remain anonymous in this for the same reasons as Nigel’s, and would in fact like to make my contributions to the survey known to all stakeholders – the SETAS and the QCTO are very well aware of who I am and what I have been trying to accomplish. In fact, I think that they cringe every time they see an e-mail from my address.

I have not raised my issues and experiences on my e-mail as I would assume there is still a survey document to come.

Collette – thank you for this opportunity. It’s about time that we band together and hopefully see some positive change.
    Unfortunately, a lone voice against the authorities bares little power, but there is power in numbers.

Warmest regards to all,

Renee’
    Prestige ETD Group t/a SETA Accreditation Services

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media