Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Non payment!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)
  • Author

What does one have to do in order to get paid by an accredited training provider for whom you’ve rendered a service and who now is withholding payment for no good reason! Although a contract is in place and the account is now over 90days, the provider refuses to provide feedback in any form. Calls aren’t being returned! Mail’s are being ignored!!

Is this how people run business’s nowadays!!! Shocking!!! The scary thing is that it is for this very reason that small business’s flounder! They rely soley on their clients honouring their agreements and in that way make running an honest a little easier!

Does one need to now draw the line… maybe legal action is an inevitable, or possibly reporting the provider to the Seta or even posting all information and warning on a public forum so that poor unsuspecting business’s do not get caught out by this provider???

Any suggestions???

Share on Social Media

Hello Tricia,

If it is a valid case I would post the information on a public forum, the provider has the option to add comment. A collegue lost her business because of a similar situation where the provider kept on stalling payment. My advise, never do work where a contract is not firmly in place, where you do not have a valid order number and where a deposit is not paid, if they have the client they have the money. You have to get tough 90 days does not cut it. Really not fair and totally unethical. We live and learn, been there got the t-shirt, scary stuff!

Frikkie Stoltz
    Participant

Tricia send me your contact details. frikkie. email : jfstoltz@gmail.com

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the advise… thought the contract would be enought, but look where thought got me!!! And the sad thing is that the client is a Seta….

Nikki de Pina said:

Hello Tricia,

If it is a valid case I would post the information on a public forum, the provider has the option to add comment. A collegue lost her business because of a similar situation where the provider kept on stalling payment. My advise, never do work where a contract is not firmly in place, where you do not have a valid order number and where a deposit is not paid, if they have the client they have the money. You have to get tough 90 days does not cut it. Really not fair and totally unethical. We live and learn, been there got the t-shirt, scary stuff!

Hi Johannes,

You can get me on tricia@thecapacitybuilder.co.za

Johannes Francois Stoltz said:

Tricia send me your contact details. frikkie. email : jfstoltz@gmail.com
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media