Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

No more desk top verifications

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Des Squire
    Participant

Just in case you do not know – the ETDP SETA is no longer conducting desk top verifications.

This decision was made some two weeks ago and is effective immediate.

All future verifications will be conducted on site and will be for pre-defined groups of learners only. 

Share on Social Media
    Abbey Ntswana
    Participant

Hi Des,

Thanks for the information about the ETDP SETA desk top verification. You it will be on site for only pre-defined groups learners only. What does that mean?

Henk Cloete
    Participant

Might I enquire on how this decision was communicated to their constituent providers? How will they ensure that their “clients” (learners) receive their results without delay? As is, we have to wait for weeks for verifications, and even then, not most of the time, we are “met” by verifiers with an “I am Mr Know All” complex…. At best; this is going to make the ETDP just like the other SETA’s….

But, that is just my point of view….

Cas Olivier
    Participant

Des,

Does it mean they do the verification while the assessor is assessing and the moderator is moderating a pre-defined group?

Cas

Hannes Nel
    Participant

Is this for accreditation evaluation or endorsement of assessment results? We currently have a huge problem with a QA body who did  desk top verification, or rather evaluation, but clearly did not read what we submitted. One can see it from the irrelevant feedback that they sent us. This is even worse.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media