Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Managing with COVID-19

Viewing 4 posts - 6 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

I will keep editing this post.
    Hi Tracey –
    the MERSETA SD Forum 18th March 2020 Northlink College Bellville campus – CANCELLED
    HWSETA – the ETDP capacity building workshop scheduled Friday 20 March 2020 – postponed.

TRACEY MCLENNAN
    Participant

Thanks Sylvia

Des Squire
    Participant

I must admit I am very impressed with all that South Africa is doing. It is very heartening, well done all concerned.

Learenerships within companies will continue as all learners are treated as any other employee and will be bound by whatever each company enforces for employees.

Where colleges etc are concerned we will have to wait and see what each individual college decides.

This is just my opinion.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Des Squire.
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Des, thank you for your post.

Yes. I watch the international news with interest. The so-called “developed” nations are so arrogant, they entirely ignore Africa. As we know some politicians don’t know where Africa is – and some think it’s a country.

But Africa is where the expertise and experience is – for handling virus infections. It was only last week that there was a report that the last Ebola patient had been released. But there has been minimal reporting on the handling of Ebola – of course, it happens in Africa.

In South Africa we have decades of handling TB and drug resistant TB, and also most relevant here – HIV/Aids.

So the South African handling of the pandemic is streets ahead of “developed” nations.

That’s my African opinion 🙂

I love this graphic – from GCIS and the President’s speech.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 6 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media