Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

LGSETA loses accreditation application file – legal action warranted?

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Hannes Nel
    Participant

Carla, the rumours are old and nothing of substance will replace what we have. I do not for one moment believe that my suggestion will move anybody to try to improve the system and I am beyond believing that the system will improve. This sounds really negative, I know. Even so, it really challenges our ability to continue providing a professional service from our side. There are a few people out there who still respect quality and we align ourselves with them. They make everything worth while. Allow me to mention one person who happened to be a manager at the ETDP SETA who works hard, passionately and with integrity – Gerrard Francis, Head of the Gauteng branch of the ETDP SETA is a great manager.

Henk Cloete
    Participant

Bernard

I am more than ready for this challenge, but this is not the first, and I gather not the last, platform / discussion where these issues have been raised… but as soon as you mention “taking on the SETA’s”, all back down….

Honestly I do not blame them as we are currently going through the actions of “daring” to point a finger at a SETA… Again, they have both time and money on their side and need not struggle to survive…

At the end, if some other people are interested in this proposal, then please do inbox me and I will send you the details of the suggested team…

Hannes Nel
    Participant

You know, Henk, I have fired people for saying that something cannot be done. However, this time I am the one who is not even willing to try. If, however, the people with the say approach us, we might get something done. Do you think they will be interested? 

Henk Cloete
    Participant

Hannes

In my personal opinion the “people with the say” should be the providers, but as stated, very few are willing to openly engage the SETA’s…

On the other hand, if the “people with the say” are the current SETA Management System, then sadly “no…”  They have been shuffling us around like mindless pieces on a board game, and why change that…  

Hannes Nel
    Participant

Henk, I believe the people with the say would rather be DHET and the Minister of Higher Education and Training. It might be necessary to change legislation to give learning institutions more autonomy in terms of especially quality assurance. The current QA bodies and SAQA might advise the Minister, but the final decision should be his.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media