Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Higher Health Webinar Invitation COVID-19 capacity building

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Attention Private Skills-development Providers

Higher Health (HH) is the Health & Wellness Centre set up within the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET). Previously known as HEAIDS & rebranded with a wider mission late last year, HH is responsible for universities and Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) colleges.

I have been petitioning/moaning/complaining to APPETD about the lack of representation of private providers, who are not APPETD members – and the failure of DHET to include private providers – and even to really know or understand, who they are – or how the subsector works. (The registration debacle is just one example.)

But to be fair to DHET staff – part of the problem is the way Post-School Education & Training (PSET) structures have been set up over time – that hampers them.

So this is a very important invitation. The body that represents the universities and TVET colleges is inviting all private providers.

This is the email from APPETD:
    “As per outcomes of the Higher Health meeting held on the 1 June 2020 APPETD extends the below invitation to all private providers.

Below the invitation from Higher Health to the Capacity building/training session for all private providers. This includes Skills Development Providers, Private Colleges, Private Higher Education Institutions and SMME`s. Please do register and use this open session to pose your questions and to seek clarity on matters pertaining to your sub sector.”

The invitation:
    “You are invited to a HIGHER HEALTH webinar with a focus on COVID-19 PSET Guidelines and Protocols, confirmed for
    11 June – a webinar for various PSET institutions.

An agenda is attached for your information.

When: 11 June 14:00-17:00

Topic: Capacity Development Webinar on COVID-19 PSET Guidelines and Protocols

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JI59FQUiSbOD5uWwy1uVEw

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Looking forward to your presence on this Zoom Webinar Thursday 11 June 2020.

We have allowed enough time for a Q&A after the presentations, so please use the Chat option in Zoom to ask any questions you want to put to the panel.

Regards
    Hanlie Brand
    PA to the CEO: Higher Health​
    Executive Assistant to the CEO”

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Thank you Sylvia. I will also distribute on other networks!

Kerrin Badham
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia

Very NB meeting. Thanks for championing the cause of private providers who are not members of APPETD. I must say, I have been battling to get hold of APPETD. We want to join and have had no success so far.

Hi Kerrin
    I suggest try Cynthia directly ceo@appetd.org.za

Thx Lynel
    Personally I believe it would be quite simple for the DHET to gain a very good grasp of the private providers of ETD – as you know the providers are all over social media.

Also if every SETA provides a list of their accreditations (which surely QCTO should maintain) & add to QCTO accredited SDPs then at least you have all the accredited providers.

Then pick up additional via a combination of:-
    WSPs
    Asking employers who they use &
    Asking SARS.

Then DHET would have a pretty good picture of all private providers of ETD.

One last point would be defining Consultancy – e.g. if an SDF “trains” an employer in the requirements of the SDA & Regulations, holds meetings, does presentations to the consultative committee, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media