Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Frustrated Provider

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Today is one of those days that I feel the process of aligning of course material to unit standards and extension of scope is a lot of BS. So here I am ready to be educated by my peers. Here is a synopsis of my experience and frustration. DOWNLOAD A UNIT STANDARD (113852 – which supposedly “expires” in 2015) on 19 April 2010, spend months preparing a course to the said specs including the eight (8) basic documents required for programme approval, artwork and what not, just to get to the upload process on the Service Seta website for extension of scope and be informed that the unit standard does not exist…. But I am sitting with the darn document in my hand.

So now here is my question. Can anyone give me the good news that all my work was not in vain? Is there someone out there that knows anyone in the SAQA fraternity that will actually listen and do something about such a situation? More importantly, does anyone have a name or contact details of this “divine being” that I can contact to find out what is going on, someone the does answer their telephone?

By the way, does anyone know of an international body that provide international standards and have room for training providers to associate with? 

Today is one of those days that I feel the process of aligning of course material to unit standards and extension of scope is a lot of BS. So here I am ready to be educated by my peers. Here is a synopsis of my experience and frustration. DOWNLOAD A UNIT STANDARD (113852 – which supposedly “expires” in 2015) on 19 April 2010, spend months preparing a course to the said specs including the eight (8) basic documents required for programme approval, artwork and what not, just to get to the upload process on the Service Seta website for extension of scope and be informed that the unit standard does not exist…. But I am sitting with the darn document in my hand.

So now here is my question. Can anyone give me the good news that all my work was not in vain? Is there someone out there that knows anyone in the SAQA fraternity that will actually listen and do something about such a situation? More importantly, does anyone have a name or contact details of this “divine being” that I can contact to find out what is going on, someone the does answer their telephone?

By the way, does anyone know of an international body that provide international standards and have room for training providers to associate with?

Share on Social Media

Hi Dries

Hi Dries

Contact Margaret Barretto at SAQA, she is very helpfull. Her details are as follows:

mbarretto@saqa.org.za or 012 431 5139

Good luck!

Handri Stadler

Thrive Learning Facilitation (handri@thrive.co.za)

Thank you Handri, you are greatly appreciated

Regards

Dries

Marieta Wasserfall
    Participant

Hi Dries. I have worked with Cleo Radebe at SAQA. She works with unit standards. She has assisted me in the past to reregister unit standards that they “forgot” about. It actually does happen! She is very helpful and able to assit. Good luck!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media