Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Facilitating Training Outside the Country

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MillieRasekoala
    Participant

Hi All Has any provider trained outside the country and if so how does the certification process work?  Is our SETA accreditation sufficient? Or are we even allowed to do this?  The reason why I am asking is because we have an opportunity to go and train in Ghana but I am not sure how it works in terms of our accreditation?  

Share on Social Media
    Louise Sterling
    Participant

Hi Millie. I have just emailed SAQA with a similar question –  but have had no reply. Perhaps if Joe Samuels sees this post he could advise us. My client is overseas, in a country with no formal curriculum. They have expert facilitators trained in the area. They would like to use my materials and offer an accredited certificate from SA. They are prepared to train their assessors and moderators in SA, or draw on this skills set from South Africa. Please keep me posted on your enquiry. Warm regards and good luck with your Ghanian venture.

Hi Millie

SETA accreditation and the SAQA certification process is only applicable to South Africa. It has absolutely no value or bearing in any other country. International certification is what counts in other countries. I don’t know what subject you are presenting but if for example it is Project Management then your courses will probably need to be accredited with the PMI (USA).

I lecture regularly in Europe, Africa, NZ, Australia, and the Middle East and none of these countries even know or care about SETA or SAQA.

Regarding whether you are allowed to lecture in other countries or not? This has to do with the relevant legislation in the specific countries. For example, you would need to be registered with an authority in Australia else you may not teach there. On the other hand, the Middle East countries are only interested in whether you have wisdom, knowledge, and experience to impart.

Hope this helps…

Regards

Dennis

Hi Louise

What country are you referring to? Have they adopted the SAQA standards?

Regards

Dennis

Louise Sterling
    Participant

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise Denis. Can I email you about this rather? My email is louise@eduwrite.org

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media