Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

De-registration of Dept of Labour 1st Aid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Eduard Rabie
    Participant

We have received a notice from merSETA that our Dept accreditation for 1st Aid (1-3) will be de-registered unless we have similar accreditations at HWSETA.

The problem we have is the criteria for HWSETA. Apparently (According to a document supplied by HESETA) on of the directors must have a NQF2 (120 Credits) qualification.

My wife is a registered assessor with merSETA in all these unit standards, a AEA Paramedic and a Fire Fighter…

Does anybody have any advice for us?

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Hi Eduard, the stipulated requirement is now seen in the HWseta Accreditation Policy.  One or more of the applicant SDP Directors appearing on the CIPC or NPO registration document and seeking accreditation or programme approval with the HWSETA shall provide proof that they possess sector qualifications with minimum of 120 credits, and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field.

Notice in direction in terms of section 27(2) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, read with regulation 3(4)(a) of the General Safety Regulations” given by the Minister of Labour dated the 30th September 2016.  “Regulation Gazette No 40313, 30 September 2016, Vol 615 No 10644, Page 24”

“Those already registered with the Department of Labour, will after the promulgation of this notice, be granted 12 months to be accredited with HWSETA.  All service providers who fail to register within the given the period will be automatically be de-registered from the Department of Labour database and will no longer be recognized as legitimate service providers.”

A huge concern Eduard, this goes for all providers.

Henk Cloete
    Participant

I was just about to refer Eduard to you.

Henk Cloete
    Participant
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Eduard, where does it stipulate at a NQF 2 level?  It is my understanding that any qualification (no NQF level indication) but must have 120 credits, a minimum of 3 years experience in that field, and the qualification must fall under the scope of HWSeta.  So in other words, if you have a Doctors Degree, MBA, CA and the like which doesnt fall under the HWSeta, you do not meet their requirements.  Do I understand this correct?  Any clarity will be awesome here!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media