Skills Development Providers (SDPs) & Training Providers

Accredited Training without being acceredited

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 50 total)
  • Author

I hope somebody can assist me with a matter I cannot seem to figure out myself. I am receiving many requests the past couple of weeks where I’ve been asked (as an accredited training provider) to assess, moderate and upload learners and provide statements of results from facilitators / companies / other training providers. It seems like they are conducting “accredited” training and before / during / after the training knows that they are not themselves accredited to follow through with these actions.
    I can offer assessment & moderation services, but I cannot see any way how an accredited provider can upload learners, request verification and provide verified statements of results? Not on material trained that does not belong to us, with processes not implemented according to our QMS – even though we are accredited for the Qualification / skills programme / US(s).
    If anybody can provide me with insight in this matter it will be appreciated.

Share on Social Media

Hi Liezl

I think you are right.  You can’t upload and accredit learners if you haven’t used your own material and portfolio, as that is the material that has been accredited under your accreditation number.

It sounds like they are asking for a short cut and may be in trouble with false advertising, so they are looking for a way out.

Regards

Glenda

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Uh oh sounds like trouble. The shenanigans that go on in the Training arena never cease to surprise me! And yet there are hundred of silent providers delivering excellent training. it would be great to see some WELL DONE reviews here! How about creating a well done forum!

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Liezl

You are quite right. The practice is NOT PERMITTED AND SHOULD NOT BE CONDONED – the providers should be reported to the relevant seta.

Renee’ McGibbon
    Participant

Hi Liezl,

My advice is – STEER CLEAR! It is this kind of so called “training provider” that gives the rest of us who have earned our “accreditation stripes” a bad name as we tend to be branded in the same category as them. Please report them to the relevant SETA.

Regards

Renee’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media