RPL, the NQF, and Articulation

Purpose of the NQF

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Joe Samuels
    Participant

Wilma, I am not sure what you are busy reading, but I met the person who is driving the NQF process in Mexico. Secondly, it depends how one defines an NQF. Most countries don’t have a comprehensive NQF like South Africa, but they have an qualifications framework that focuses on the labour market or on technical vocational education and tranining. There are presently over 130 countries that are implementing NQFs across the world. There are lots of research that has been done on why qualifications frameworks are working or not. Some people are NQF sceptics and others are NQF proponents. So, depending on whose research you read you get to a different answer. There are successful models and there are specific formulas that some people are putting forward. All of this stuff is freely available. 

Wilma de Villiers
    Participant

Hi, Joe

I am reading “The implementation and impact of National Qualifications Frameworks:  Report of a study in 16 countries” compiled by the Skills and Employability Department(International Labour Office, Geneva), 2010.  Author is Stephanie Allias.

I would like to know about references (articles, websites) that could give clarity on this matter.

I’ll appreciate it if you could give me more info.  Regards, Wilma

Joe Samuels
    Participant

This is an NQF phobic piece of research and argues that the only successful model is the scottish qualifications framework. We did a more balanced seminar in November last  year and are presently working on a bulletin to publish the papers. As soon as it is available I will let you know. We also produced a special bulletin that is available on the SAQA website that gives a more balanced view. Here is the link: http://www.saqa.org.za/docs/pubs/bulletins/bullvol12_2.pdf Regards Joe 

Wilma de Villiers
    Participant

Highly appreciated, Joe!

I fully agree with that, cause at the moment even the government departments do not consider the NQF aligned programmes as well as the certificates of achievements from relevant ETQA, they still believe in Diploma’s and Degrees from well known universities which is dissadvantaging the learners who study through the registerd training providers that offers the NQF alinged learning programmes.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media