Skills Development Facilitators (SDF)

Help required please: What OFO code should we use for apprentices?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Des Squire 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

I received a question that I’m not sure I can answer correctly.

If you have someone on an apprenticeship or learnership, what OFO code do you use?

For example, the person is an apprentice plumber, or an apprentice electrician.

There is an OFO code for a plumber and an OFO code for an electrician.

Do we use those qualified person OFO codes?   

Appreciate guidance here. Thanks

Share on Social Media

tommy john salem
    Participant

I am sitting with the same question.  I must submit training reports to Head Office on a monthly basis. The report must indicate the OFO code for each occupation. As a Training Centre I use OFO Codes of Artisan Trades for my Apprentices. Our HRD department in turn is also using OFO Codes for specific trades, addressing Apprentice Training in their WSP to PSeta. We had no feedback or questions about this from PSeta. Thus we assume that we are doing the right thing. If someone has a concrete answer regarding this aspect, please share. 

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks Tommy.  As far as I can see that’s what we need to do.  

But I wonder then when the statistics are compiled, how we know how many qualified artisans we have and how many apprentices we have?

Share on Social Media

Cobus Cato
    Participant

Hi there. Have you received an answer to this question yet?

Regards

Cobus

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Cobus – no unfortunately not – can you shed further light on this question?

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

According to Merseta if the apprentice is studying for say a “Fitter and turner” qualification then you would just make use of the fitter and turner code.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media