Skills Development Facilitators (SDF)

Annual EE Report

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Skills Universe 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

I am curious to know how many SDF’s job description also includes compiling the annual EE Report. Please let us know.

Share on Social Media

I don’t think it’s ever “included in the job description” but in most instances it is expected. Due to the simalarity of information being reported through EE and Skills Development. In my experience this has most certainly been the case!

Share on Social Media

Are you aware that the Regulations have changed? Please have a look on: http://www.labour.gov.za before doing your current Report.

Share on Social Media

Hi Hester,
    My JD includes the submission of the EE Report!

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Hester

Compiling the EE Report is the responsibility of the HR Manager in my institution. He goes on the EE training and provides insight about EE to our Staff Development Committee, which now also serves as the EE Committee. The HR Manager receives the mandate for appointments and promotions from the Board of Directors re Employment Equity and therefore it was decided that the EE Report rests squarly on his shoulders.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Hester

Compiling the EE Report is the responsibility of the HR Manager in my institution. He goes on the EE training and provides insight about EE to our Staff Development Committee, which now also serves as the EE Committee. The HR Manager receives the mandate for appointments and promotions from the Board of Directors re Employment Equity and therefore it was decided that the EE Report rests squarly on his shoulders.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Hester

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Hester

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Yes, we have been receiving quite a number of reminders from training providers about the changes in the regulations. I have booked our HR Manager on the course re the new regulations and he will provide feedback to our SD Committee.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Yes, we have been receiving quite a number of reminders from training providers about the changes in the regulations. I have booked our HR Manager on the course re the new regulations and he will provide feedback to our SD Committee.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Hi Hester

I am the HR Manager and I am responsible for Skills development and EE Reporting.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sean

Share on Social Media

Gill Connellan
    Participant

I am not sure how many of you have seen the latest report from the Commission for Employment Equity. I have attached it to my reply. Very poor reflection of our intention to remove unfair discrimination from recruitment, selection, training and promotion. The figures for the disabled groups are really scary and very disappointing. I believe that if more of the SDFs follow the performance consulting route as practitioners, these numbers must begin to improve. If you are an SDF and are still just “reporting” the numbers, I think it is time for SDFs, HR practitioners etc. to quit just “reporting”, and to introduce best practice in the organisation that brings social development and economic development together in an appropriate balance. The SETAs must support this with the appropriate incentives for participating in best practice for the business as well as the constituent SDFs.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media