SAQA, NQF & Sub-frameworks

Minister Nzimande publishes NQF Sub-frameworks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Minister Nzimande, on advice from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) published the amended Determination of the sub-frameworks that comprise the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), dated 29 November 2020.

It was published in a one hundred and forty (140) page Government Gazette dated 24 December 2021. It is GG 44031 No.1391.

It repeals the previous determinations published in 2012 and 2013.

I have extracted pages 33 – 36 and scanned and attached them.

Please take the time to read through the 4 pages, as it contains information of critical relevance to skills-universe members:
    * articulation
    *recognition of prior learning (RPL)
    * credit accumulation and transfer
    * equivalence – parity of esteem
    * pre-2009 qualifications on Occupational Qualifications Sub-framework (OQSF).

See attached.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Thank you so much!

Maryna Ritter
    Participant

Thanx Sylvia, always appreciated!

However, I totally hate it when they bring out any government gazette during end December. Members are on leave and sometimes not near a laptop/computer to comment or not having sufficient time to get a group together to brainstorm….

Who can we approach to get this changed?

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Maryna,
    Yes, I have the same feeling. Not only did this come out on the 24th December, but it came out in a 140 page gazette, so it was difficult to find the 4 pages in the 140.

In addition, I will send you by email, there is a considerable document in the gazette, from page 37 – 98 – for comment.
    National School of Government.
    A National Implementation Framework for the Professionalisation of the Public Service.

I will send you the whole gazette via email.

You are correct. Gazettes are regularly published over the December period and it is tempting to think that it is deliberate to reduce the attention. However, it may also be Ministers just wanting to clear their desks for the new year.

To answer your question. I think that there are alternative approaches for the ASDSA Board to take, to achieve an embargo on any publishing from mid-December to mid-January:
    the Minister directly,
    the NSA,
    the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee
    the President.

Des Squire
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia. Can you please send me the full gazette also and anything else of interest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media