Concerned Learning Material Developers

New SETA requirements-am I missing something?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cleo Black 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Cleo Black
    Participant

Dear people of Skills Universe

I am, perhaps, reaching for the stars here…but I must nonetheless ask: is there some sort of information sharing session/ news letter/ email blast from the SETAs that I am missing? Some holy, sacred document which contains all their intentions regarding new requirements and regulations with regard to material development? I cannot be the only one who feels the need to check herself into an “institute” at least twice a month because ONCE AGAIN a new requirement has popped up and the hour is now SO late that my poor client is pulling out their own hair in frustration while the SETA demands a remedial within 24 hours. A request to which, of course, we can not possibly acquiesce as the change in question is nearly always something that will take at least 24 hours JUST to read through and then a further 2 weeks to be written into effect. Please tell me that there is something somewhere that can put me out of the misery in which I currently wallow, that can bring down the curtain on the Greek tragedy that plays out each time i read the words “now a requirement” in an email.

PS: at least I have my sense of humour to keep me warm in these dark times.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Melanie Harvard
    Participant

Hi Cleo

Anyone working in the seta-space can totally identify with your frustrations. I have been doing it for nearly 20 years and so i empathise completely.

Which setas are you mainly dealing with? and tell me more about these changes? if i can’t assist you i can always refer you to someone who can help, and i really don’t mind being called to discuss any aspects of this. by building a network of informed people we can all help each other out in these situations. You are welcome to call me for a friendly chat – i will be available on 0725673352 from tomorrow.
    I’m not sure if i can help you – but if i can’t i may very well know who can – or be able to at least make suggestions around how i handle setas.

Share on Social Media

Cleo Black
      Participant

Hi Melanie, thanks so much! I’m ALWAYS battling with Services, I feel like they change requirements once a month. Are you aware of any particular changes that they have made in the last year that I can take down as hard and fast? Are SLA’s (it has always been letter’s of purchase in the past) becoming a standard requirement for all SETA’s now? If so, then whats the purpose of a letter of purchase…it has all the same information, we would all just be repeating ourselves. We deal with TETA a lot, but they are the easiest to work with in general.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media