Implementers and Trainers of Employment Equity Act

DoeL Releases Summary of EE Report Prior to Full Report

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

It’s the time of year when implementers of the Employment Equity Act prepare to submit the annual reports.
      The Department of Employment and Labour (DoeL) has released a summary of the key features of the overall results – please see attached.

The full report will be released on the 31 August 2020 via a webinar – please diarise the date.

Key features of this summary – yes some steps forward – but really minute – one can’t help thinking that it’s all going to wiped out by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Share on Social Media
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Maryna Ritter
      Participant

Thanx Sylvia, for sharing…

When I’ve sent this message, I couldn’t find more info on the webinar. I hope they would share it and give us sufficient time to register, and I hope enough ‘space’ for all to join….

Share on Social Media
        sylvia hammond
        Keymaster

Maryna, I have exactly the same concern. When you think how it usually is – very large gatherings at each national urban centre.

Now they all have to be accommodated in one webinar – and in addition to stakeholders, consultants, lawyers who are the implementers, there will also be the media, and then all the company representatives.

I don’t know about the technology of that – but it seems to me that more than one event will be required.

Unless the 31 August is just to launch the report. Then hopefully there will be further presentations – on the report, when opens etc. and all the details required to complete – what if anything has changed.

And then there is everybody else and his friend also doing webinars – I have 1 for Monday, 3 for Thursday, and 2 for Friday this coming week – possibly 1 for Wednesday need to confirm.

I also checked the DoeL site and there are only the registers for companies who submitted last year. Very good idea to split by sector – appreciated that. (DoeL seems to be the new acronym)So really we need some forward planning here – please Department of Employment and Labour.

Share on Social Media
      Des Squire
      Participant

Thank you again Sylvia, I share the sentiments expressed by both your and Maryna. I have not been able to find any info about the webinar either.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media