Higher Education and training

CHE Accreditation: FAQs on essential requirements and costs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne Hattingh
    Participant

I’ve given answers to the questions that I am often asked by private providers seeking my help with their application for accreditation with the Council on Higher Education. I’ve also include the table of costs.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John Arnesen
    Participant

A great checklist – thanks Suzanne 🙂

Suzanne Hattingh
    Participant

Thanks John, please add to the list so that we can also benefit from your insights.

Kerrin Badham
    Participant

Hi Susan

Thank you for a very insightful document. Can I ask you, is it possible for a Provider to be accredited for a programme that another CHE registered provider is offering? ie How different must your programme be from others offered in the market?

Suzanne Hattingh
    Participant

No, you can’t be accredited for a qualification that is registered on the NQF under the name of another provider. There is no rule about the extent to which they need to differ. I have not dealt with a case in which SAQA rejected an application because the qualifications were too similar – but I would imagine that it could happen. You will probably use the differentiation as your competitive advantage – by offering something unique. SAQA does have a process for registering qualifications as ‘learning programmes’ against qualifications – but that’s another issue that we don’t need to go into here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media