Assessment & Moderation

Procedure of becoming a constituent Assessor

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Thokozani Moyo
      Participant

Hi, my name is Thokozani Moyo and I recently qualified as an Assessor with the ETDP SETA. I need information as to how I can go about becoming a constituent assessor in the different SETAs. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Share on Social Media
      Xolile Hans
      Participant

Hi Thokozani, I started off by approaching the setas that I wanted to become their constituent assessors based on my qualifications. I contacted ETDP, hwseta, LGSETA and Services seta and enquired about their processes.

ETDP gave me their process and documents to fill in and submit, I did that and waited for their approval and confirmation for qualifications and or unit standards that I qualified for and then started applying to the other setas. This worked for me and I realized that doing these things yourself gives you more experience. I am now waiting for the other setas to respond. I hope this works for you as well. 

Share on Social Media

No Train Smash! Xolile has actually elaborated on important processes. However, when you submit… don’t go MIA… Seta’s don’t mind backlog.
      You might as well get a contact to whom you will correspond with weekly. That worked for me and many whom l know.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Thokozani, congratulations on getting your Assessor title, well done!  I recommend that you start with one Seta, go to their website and obtain forms that you need to complete.  Some Seta’s will make use of an online submission, some will accept an emailed application.  Each Seta is have different information they need.  The only generic similarity thus far, is that you need to apply at a Seta for registration (this goes for Assessor and Moderator applications to register).  Should you get registered, please note that Assessors/Moderators only get registered for 3 years, you need to re-apply every 3 years (we do not know how if these applications will change in 2018).  All I can say is, don’t wait too long.  Do it now, and get in line with the other applicants that is waiting!!

Share on Social Media

Hi Thokozani,

Registering as a Constituent with a specific SETAs will also be more determined by your qualifications, expertise and of course your areas of interest. SETAs are based on economic sectors and so are qualifications eg

Transport Sector, SETA is TETA,

Construction Sector, the SETA is CETA

Training and Development the SETAs is EDTP as you may have recognised when you did the assessor course.

So to assist on your question more precisely i would suggest you also highlight your area/field of expertise and qualifications and the skills universe family from different SETAs on this platform am sure will be able to tell exactly which SETA might be the best for you to start with. 

Share on Social Media
      Kate Sani
      Participant

Hi Thokozani,

Anderson’s advice is important as the ETDP unit stds are only one criteria SETAs require for assessor registration. I suggest you take a look at the SAQA document “Criteria and Guidelines for the Registration of Assessors” to establish if you meet these before you apply to a SETA.

Share on Social Media
      Yolande Koekemoer
      Participant

Good evening, Kate

I was reading your response (above) and visited the SAQA website.  I clicked on the Criteria and Guidelines (link:  http://www.saqa.org.za/list.php?e=Guidelines) but only saw the following three postings:

1.  Policy and Criteria for Recognising a Professional Body and Registering a Professional Designation for the Purposes of the National Qualifications Framework Act, Act 67 of 2008

2.  Guidelines for Integrated Assessment

3.  Criteria and Guidelines for the Implementation of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)

Please assist as to where I can get hold of “The SAQA document “Criteria and Guidelines for the Registration of Assessors”.

Many thanks

Yolandé

Share on Social Media
      Thokozani Moyo
      Participant

Thank you so much Xolile , much appreciated, will do likewise.

Share on Social Media
      Thokozani Moyo
      Participant

Thanks a lot Paidamoyo, will do.

Share on Social Media
      Thokozani Moyo
      Participant

Thank you so much Lynel for the valuable information, I will get onto it right away.

Share on Social Media
      Thokozani Moyo
      Participant

Thank you Anderson, I will write down a follow-up and include my qualifications. Much appreciated.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media