Assessment & Moderation

Moderation sample

This topic contains 1 reply, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Jennifer Williams
    Participant

I have completed my assessment of 6 portfolios.  I now need to get the portfolios internally moderated.  Shall I stick to the SETA requirement of a random sample of 25% or shall I ask the moderator to moderate all.

I appreciate your feedback. 

Thank you

Jenni Williams

Share on Social Media

Fiona de Beer Nel
    Participant

You still only use the 25%

Share on Social Media

Ilana Smit
    Participant

You can check the Seta Moderation policy, but with small groups you must still make sure that at least 3-4 portfolio’s are moderated.  If you have never assessed the programme before there is not harm in asking your moderator to have a look at all the portfolios.

Share on Social Media

DK Teyim
    Participant

Hello Jenni,

Since it is an internal moderation, if the files are not many, the safest will be to moderated all the files. Remember during external moderation, the external moderator will be randomly selecting from all the files and not from the files internally moderated

The internal moderation is an optional process, undertaken to make sure your processes are in order before the external moderator’s visit. Providers that are certain of their processes will by-pass internal moderation and go straight for external moderation

Regards

http://www.teyim.webs.com

Share on Social Media

Jennifer Williams
    Participant

Thank you- most helpful- I always choose the internal moderation option- I feel safer.

Share on Social Media

Ilana Smit
    Participant

Please be careful, we work with six different Seta’s and they all expect internal moderation.

Share on Social Media

DK Teyim
    Participant

yes it is safer to go the internal moderation route and also safer to internally moderate all files and let the external moderator do the 10-25% quota

Share on Social Media

Anonymous

You should check the requirement of the relevant SETA. Some ask 10% and other 25%.

Normally the rule applies 10% with a minimum of 3.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media