Assessment & Moderation

Establishment of (NAETDP) National Association of Education Training Development Practitioners.

This topic contains 86 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by  Skills Universe 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Seiso David Shasha
    Participant

Dear members presently I am representing SANGOCO at ETDP SETA on the Levy Chamber and in accordance with the NEW Constitution of the Education, Training and Development Practices Sector Education and Training Authority (ETDP SETA) the Board with the approval of the Minister of Labour, has established the following chambers:

1. Schooling Chamber (Private & Public)
    2. Further Education & Training (FET) and Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
    3. Higher Education & Research Chamber
    4. Early Childhood Development (ECD) & Adult basic Education & Training (ABET) Chamber
    5. Education Training & Development Practices & Provisioning Chamber

The function of each Chamber is generally to advise the Board and create a platform for policy debates and discussions to enhance the work of the ETDP SETA for impact on the ETD sector.

(27-30 July 2009) Initial consultative session to discuss the following matters pertinent to the functioning of these chambers:

• Shape and size of the chambers
    • Roles and Responsibilities of the chambers
    • Allocations of seats

Our Relevant Chamber is =Education Training & Development Practices & Provisioning Chamber.

• Constituency members are:
    o Training Providers,
    o Assessors,
    o Moderators
    o and Facilitators.
    • Training Providers will participate through their organized body APPETD (Association of Private Providers on Education Training Development)
    • I therefore propose to members that let as established our own National Association which shall be the body that represent the interest of Assessors, Moderators, Facilitators and SDF’s.
    • With this National body we shall have rights and power to delegate people who shall represent on this new chamber at ETDP SETA and any other body which shall cater for our needs.
    • I am attending two meeting on the 29 and 30 July for ECD and ETDPP Chamber so it will be very important for members to respond to this as soon as possible.
    • The proposed name of the Association is (NAETDP) National Association of Education Training Development Practitioners.

Members I hope you will find this in order.

David Shasha

Share on Social Media

Sounds like a good idea – especially for independents as we have no means of participation yet are vital to the system and have to carry out decsions whcih we have had no say in.

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

Brilliant, at last we will have platform where we will have a say and raise our concerns.

Share on Social Media

Hi
    Very interesting and I would like to be part of such a group once established.
    regards
    fanie

Share on Social Media

Helene Strauss
    Participant

Great initiative, David! I would like to join once established

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I certainly would like to be part of such a group!
    Kind regards
    Ansie Fourie

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Kind regards
    Ansie Fourie

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Kind regards
    Ansie Fourie

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi David,
    Many thanks for posting this update for us. You can see by the responses that there is a lot of support behind you. I would also want to join once the Association is established. Good luck and keep up the good work.
    sylvia

Share on Social Media

Dear David

You have my support. An association like this is much needed to voice our challenges.

All the best in implementation.

Prem Bachan

Share on Social Media

David,

I have read your itinerary with interest and sincerely hope that through your representation of SANGOCO that you will made inroads into the ETD SETA policies and procedures. Please feel free to contact me if you require any assistance in the fields of my experience as follows:

1. Schooling Chamber (Private & Public)
    2. Further Education & Training (FET) and Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
    3. Higher Education & Research Chamber
    4. Early Childhood Development (ECD) & Adult basic Education & Training (ABET) Chamber
    5. Education Training & Development Practices & Provisioning Chamber

Kind regards
    Elfrieda

Share on Social Media

Hi David
    This is good news. Would love to be part of this

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Hi David,
    Definitely in. Perhaps you could also look at my discussion regarding ETQA Practitioners who carry out Provider evaluations (Whats good for the goose …..). They are part of the process, possibly the most important part, yet they are uncontrolled and unmonitored. Let me know if I can assist in any way.

Nigel Shipston

Share on Social Media

Hi David,
    As Sylvia said judging by the positive response you have received it is a great idea. Obvioulsy we all want to be part of it and join in to enhance what we are doing already. I owuld love to see a bit more action from Government as Promises over the past years have been the order of the day and yet we are still talking about skills development. Well done to you nd all the very best and if you need any assistance you can count on us at the ENTRUST MANAGEMENT ACADEMY in Cape Town. Rahman Murtuza

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Can you please keep me updated as I would like to be part of such a group

Regards
    Brian

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Regards
    Brian

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Regards
    Brian

Share on Social Media

Sounds interesting and I would like to believe that I can delivered a good insight from the private sector, representing the SMME’s as a ISDF.

Share on Social Media

Great initiative David.

I will definately want to be part of this .

Keep us posted.

Regards
    Kumaran Gungarajoo

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

Great idea you have there. I also would like to be part of it once everything has been finalised and approved.

All the best with the establishment.

A.

Share on Social Media

As an independant service provider I am also very interested in this initiative. Keep me posted.
    Thanks for your initiative, David.
    Karen

Share on Social Media

Dear David,
    I support your brilliant initiative and would love to become a member when everything is up and running. If you need assistance in the Western Cape (Cape Town Metropolitan Area) please do not hesitate to contact me: rory@augmentis.co.za

Share on Social Media

I would definitely support your group.

Share on Social Media

PS. I’m in the Eastern Cape, so if you need help in this region contact me: judyjvr@mindz.co.za

Share on Social Media

Dear David

this is a good initiative, would like to be a member

Share on Social Media

Excellent.This is the right way forward and long overdue.I certainly would like to be part of the Association.

Share on Social Media

Hi David…..you can count me in. This is an idea that has taken too long in the making….Well done!

Share on Social Media

Hi David

this will be great! We are looking forward to this body ,please keep us updated
    Milty

Share on Social Media

Great initiative and it has my full support.

Share on Social Media

I think that even if practitioners are stationed at an organisation, they need to be identified by belonging to such a group. Just as SACE registration is compulsory for the idenfication of registered educators, so too should practitioners ini the ETDP field be represented at ssome level – or thier valuable contribution to the skills upliftment in the country will go unrecognised, and any input lost. So YES!!!! Lobby for that.

Regards,

Roger Peters

Share on Social Media

Good morning

I am very interested in becoming involved in this – pleae let me know how I can

Regards

Gizelle

Share on Social Media

Hi there,

I support this fully and would be happy to participate from the Western Cape (and/or nationally) as I travel a lot. There is an SDF association already (ASFDSA) and there may be other relevant societies so we may have to do some research en route. Let me know how I can participate and what the next steps are.

Share on Social Media

I was always under the impression that the Association of Skills Development Facilitation of South Africa (ASDFSA) was the umbrella body looking after the interests of ETDPs and SDFs?
    Mike Stanton

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I AM DELIGHTED BY THESE NEWS AND WOULD DEFINITELY LIKE TO BE PART OF THE WHOLE PROCESS(DISCUSSIONS,IMPLEMENTATIONS AND THE LIKES)
    WARM REGARDS
    KHUDUGA

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I AM DELIGHTED BY THESE NEWS AND WOULD DEFINITELY LIKE TO BE PART OF THE WHOLE PROCESS(DISCUSSIONS,IMPLEMENTATIONS AND THE LIKES)
    WARM REGARDS
    KHUDUGA

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

WARM REGARDS
    KHUDUGA

Share on Social Media

This looks like an excellent idea. Keep us updated.

Share on Social Media

Ashwell Glasson
    Participant

Dear David,

Well done on this wonderful initiative and for your earnest call to the practitioners. I would appreciate joining the association when it gets up and running. I am more than willing to sign some kind of formal document supporting it creation. Your presence and engagement on the chamber would be crucial and any assistance or input from my end of things to support you is only a pleasure.

Kind regards
    Ashwell Glasson

Share on Social Media

Janelle Gravett
    Participant

Hi David
    Fantastic inititive and long overdue. Would really like to be part of the group and will be happy to assist at any time.
    regards
    Janelle Gravett

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

It is very brilliant proposal for all people in involve in Skills Development especially assessors and moderators to fall under certain organisations and air the views,problem they experience on their field working with different SETA’S.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

It is very brilliant proposal for all people in involve in Skills Development especially assessors and moderators to fall under certain organisations and air the views,problem they experience on their field working with different SETA’S.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Share on Social Media

Jennifer Williams
    Participant

I would love to be involved- am based in the Western Cape. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Share on Social Media

Sonja Nel Hygro Training Delmas

I would also want to join once the Association is established. Good luck and keep up the good work.
    Sounds like an good idea and lets go forward!!!

Share on Social Media

Jan-Harm Lindeque
    Participant

“Good idea” You have my support on this,I would like to be part of this process from start, please let me know where I can help or if there is any seats open. Thank you for this

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi!

Davi’s proposal makes perfect sense to us. May he continue to give updates on the latest developments.

Thanks.

Mzi Mngoma
    084 607 4263

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi!

Davi’s proposal makes perfect sense to us. May he continue to give updates on the latest developments.

Thanks.

Mzi Mngoma
    084 607 4263

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks.

Mzi Mngoma
    084 607 4263

Share on Social Media

I think it’s awesome, what I wanted to find out as well was that my company,as a training provider, do we qualify to attend these meetings?

Share on Social Media

Excuse the duplication if someone has already suggested this, but I recommend contacting Gill Connellan from ASDFSA for assistance in this – she is very knowledgeable about local ETDP and SDF associations, and will also ensure that we do not replicate 2 different associations, both attempting to do the same thing!

Mike Stanton

Share on Social Media

i think this is an oppotunity for us to ensure that we participate in the shaping of our education. Our input will add value and we will be part of the transformation process.

Calvin

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Thanks for this. Very keen on the idea of representation for assessors, moderators and SDFs. All the best for the discussions that lie ahead.

Sharon

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Thanks for this. Very keen on the idea of representation for assessors, moderators and SDFs. All the best for the discussions that lie ahead.

Sharon

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Sharon

Share on Social Media

I am supporting the concept of create opportunities to these funtionaries and willing to assist.

Share on Social Media

Hi David

Congratulations – as everybody has echoed – long overdue – you have my support. Keep up the good work. Help is at hand if you need it.

Edwina Hadfield

Share on Social Media

Cassandra Julius
    Participant

Hi David!

This definately sounds like an exciting initative.

Would definately like to get involved in any way I can.

Take Care,
    Cassandra

Share on Social Media

Andrea Mammes
    Participant

Sounds good to me!
    Andrea Mammes

Nigel Storm Shipston said:

Hi David,
    Definitely in. Perhaps you could also look at my discussion regarding ETQA Practitioners who carry out Provider evaluations (Whats good for the goose …..). They are part of the process, possibly the most important part, yet they are uncontrolled and unmonitored. Let me know if I can assist in any way.

Nigel Shipston

Share on Social Media

Excellent idea and one that I would like to be a part of, so please keep me in the loop.

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

This is a great idea / proposal which is long overdue.Your proposal is excellent.I would definitely like to particiapte in future group discussions.New ideas would inject new life and hence create a more sustainable and value-adding platform for the future.

Regards
    Pat Pillay

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

I would definitely be interested in contributing into this valuable initiative, and joining your team.
    Perhaps you should set up a feedback session on the results from the discussions?

Thanks
    Karen

Share on Social Media

Joseph Kotsokoane
    Participant

Good idea. Will allow full particupation of skills development practitioners in decision-making which directly affects them. A matter of concern! how will the establishment of this association link with or affect ASDFSA?

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

David
    Please count me on board in any way that I may be able to provide input.
    I have been out on a limb since my return to SA – pretty tired of trying but truley hitting my head aginst a brick wall. I have a huge amount of experence in occupational /workplace learning. I have a MA in Professional Training and Development from the UK, which was an outcome based post grad qualification and included inter alia the study of VET.
    Before my brain atrophies completley please allow me to share and contibute to the way forward for workplace training in SA.
    Linda

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

David
    I have been out on a limb since my return to SA – pretty tired of trying but truley hitting my head aginst a brick wall. I have a huge amount of experence in occupational /workplace learning. I have a MA in Professional Training and Development from the UK, which was an outcome based post grad qualification and included inter alia the study of VET.
    Before my brain atrophies completley please allow me to share and contibute to the way forward for workplace training in SA.
    Linda

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

David
    Linda

Share on Social Media

Gert Calldo
    Participant

Hi David,
    Great idea ! Would like to be part once established.

Share on Social Media

Hi David

You can count me in. Excellent!!

Wynand

Share on Social Media

Hi David

I think this a great idea, the link we have been waiting for. Im also interested in joining.

Regards
    Thembi

Share on Social Media

Seiso David Shasha
    Participant

Hi ! Mike Stanton

1. I have study main purpose and main object on Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Association
    for Skills Development Facilitation in South Africa.
    I have discovered the following:
    Association Purpose and main object are:
    1.1. Promote enhancing the standing of SDF’s.
    1.2. Represent SDF’s.
    1.3. Promote interests of SDF’s.
    1.4. Providing education and training of SDF’s
    2. We have two options:
    2.1. We amend Articles of Association to cover us as Facilitator, Assessors and Moderators.
    2.2. Or we established new Association as suggested.

Share on Social Media

I am wholly in support of such an Association. Please bear in mind that public training providers are not members of APPETD. We need a national forum too. As assessors, moderators and facilitators, the NAETDP would be the answer.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Seiso,
    Thanks for that information.
    I have a question about a previous organisation – PAASA I think it was Professional Assessors Association of SA – there was a branch in Gauteng and for a while a branch in Cape Town chaired by Kiru Truman. Do you know what happened to that association? Or can other members assist?

Seiso David Shasha said:

Hi ! Mike Stanton

1. I have study main purpose and main object on Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Association
    1.2. Represent SDF’s.
    2. We have two options:
    2.1. We amend Articles of Association to cover us as Facilitator, Assessors and Moderators.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Wonderful idea! Definitely would like to be a part of this group.

Thanks
    Robyn

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Thanks
    Robyn

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi David

Thanks
    Robyn

Share on Social Media

Anonymous

Hi David,

This sounds like a breath of fresh air and it’s been long overdue. I would be really like to be part of this group.

Share on Social Media

I also seem to remember that Assessment College had a moderators’ forum.

sylvia hammond said:

Hi Seiso,
    Thanks for that information.
    I have a question about a previous organisation – PAASA I think it was Professional Assessors Association of SA – there was a branch in Gauteng and for a while a branch in Cape Town chaired by Kiru Truman. Do you know what happened to that association? Or can other members assist?

Seiso David Shasha said:

Hi ! Mike Stanton

1.2. Represent SDF’s.
    2. We have two options:

Share on Social Media

Great Idea David keep us posted
    Dina Porteous
    DITASA

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

I just saw this idea. Please count me in.

Sithembile Khoza

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

Great idea. Please count me in.

Sithembile Khoza

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

I really like your idea and would love to join once it is established! 🙂

Keep up the good work,
    Veruschka

Share on Social Media

Hi David,

This sounds like a great idea. Please keep us updated.

I would also like to be a part of this group.

Regards
    Dale

Share on Social Media

Sounds great David,

Thanks for sharing this info.Please count me in.
    Contact me at ruthweb@gmail.com

Share on Social Media

Awesome initiative… Would love to be a part of this Association. 🙂

Share on Social Media

Margie Cunnama
    Participant

Great idea – I look forward to hearing more.

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

you have my 100% support chief

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I agree that it’s a great idea. Let’s harness all this postivity to be a true force for change!

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I agree that it’s a great idea. Let’s harness all this postivity to be a true force for change!

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Sounds good. Keep us posted.

Share on Social Media

Hi David I m so intrested in the organisation NAETDP please if it is approved please send me all the details of registered as full memmber

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Dear David

I like the idea, and would like to be part of such a group once established (Hein Brand – brand@workmail.co.za)

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Dear David

I like the idea, and would like to be part of such a group once established (Hein Brand – brand@workmail.co.za)

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Dear David

Share on Social Media

This is a fantastic idea as we now have a forum whereby we can share ideas, brainstorm and network within the industry.

Share on Social Media

Hi David
    I have only stumbled on this in September, but I would be very keen to join/become part of the forum . Please keep us all in the loop as to your progress.
    Barbara Jones

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media