Assessment & Moderation

CAT Policy for part qualifications

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jenny Mamdoo 4 months ago.

• Author

Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

I think I may know the answer to this 1, however I’m hoping the experts can validate this for me please?

Can you apply the CAT policy for a part qualification?

In the CAT Policy from SAQA – page 9 – “the purpose” – particularly point 13:

“This policy intends to benefit individuals seeking to progress between qualifications and part-qualifications on the NQF, and between these qualifications and the world of work.”

I’m assuming that this would be a resounding yes to my question then?

Please may I have your thoughts.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

I have this response from Fatiema Dollie
    Skills Development Facilitator
    Yes, once you obtained credits, with proof thereof, u never have to redo that same unit standards again. That’s the beauty of NQF

Share on Social Media

Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

Thanks so much Sylvia and Fatiema.

We have received one interpretation that we could only apply CAT if we are wanting to offer the full qualification and if the learner had not completed the qualification that there would be no sense in applying CAT. If the learner then at a later stage completed the outstanding unit standards and applied CAT to the Maths and English they could then get the full qualification.

Please can you advise on this.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

The credit accumulation and transfer policy as developed by SAQA is quite clear. Credits earned for any unit standard based programme can be accumulated and transferred to other programmes. Once a learner has been deemed competent and a statement of results issued the competency can never be taken away and the credits remain with the learner for life i.e. lifelong learning. Credit transfer and accumulation does relate to and refer to a qualification or skills programme for the simple reason that is all it can be transferred to.

Share on Social Media

Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

Thanks so much, Des.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media