Assessment & Moderation

Assessors requested to sign off on POEs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Why is it that certain organisations have the expectation that you would simply sign off on a POE or several POEs so that they may save on money? That means that they get their untrained, not unskilled, staff to do the assessments and then expect you as the Assessor to approve the POE so to speak? And this means that you also do not get paid the fee you’d expect to be paid… what is this expected fee anyway? Would others care to comment on both matters of concern?

Share on Social Media

Hi All
    I am moderating at R250 Per hour (they pay accommodation transport….. ) Next week I have a appointment with people to discuss quality control. (spot check the learner not the POE)
    Moderation must start with a 50% fee upfront and the rest on completion. If they do not pay don’t release the reports. Good luck

Helene Strauss
    Participant

I agree wholeheartedly and am concerned at stories I have heard of providers paying assessors for their signature (all hearsay I must add, as no one comes forward).

I am also tired of signing SLA’s with providers, never to hear from them again, but I am sure my name and credentials appear on their submissions for accreditation. Contacted my Seta who say they are putting measures in place so that one can check who’s using one’s details.

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Yes, I am sure this is happening but it is contrary to the code of conduct signed. Honesty and integraty play a major role. I also assume that if one Assessor/Moderator doesn’t want to do this the company in question would just go to another assessor/moderator who in turn will isgn this off. I f a learner is involved in an accident or conducts himself in an unbecomming way and the learner explains in the investigation that assessment never happened, I assume that the assessor could be held liable for the negative acts. This could have dire consequences for the assessor

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Yes, I am sure this is happening but it is contrary to the code of conduct signed. Honesty and integraty play a major role. I also assume that if one Assessor/Moderator doesn’t want to do this the company in question would just go to another assessor/moderator who in turn will isgn this off. I f a learner is involved in an accident or conducts himself in an unbecomming way and the learner explains in the investigation that assessment never happened, I assume that the assessor could be held liable for the negative acts. This could have dire consequences for the assessor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media