Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

The digital age…. Not in Africa it seems

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Friedemann
      Participant

I got an email this morning telling me that the SETA will no longer accept emailed documents and they must be in hard copy. Considering the pandemic, lets trace that piece of paper….

Learner takes their ID to a copy shop, oops its closed. Scans it at home and prints it out. Pops along to the police station as they are the only ones open and gets it stamped and certified on a desk that has had thousands of grubby hands touching it. Once signed take it along to the training provider who is working from home, coming into how many people along the way.

The Training provider cannot put it in the post as it will most likely not arrive, and would be a data risk anyway, so couriers it instead. The courier is efficient and gets it to the SETA in 24 hours, after it has been handled and coughed/sneezed over by quite a few workers……..

I would treat that envelope with serious contempt if I was receiving it and probably using tongs dispose of it in the nearest fire.

WHEN are the DHET/SETAS/QCTO going to start being reasonable and accepting digital documents? This is the future, not 1960 anymore.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Please send a copy to me at email sylvia@portalpublishing.net thx

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Andrew,
      Thank you for the copy of the email. First, I raised a query to the professional association ASDSA. They advise they will raise it to BUSA.

Personally I am sceptical about the “audit” answer. So I have submitted a request directly to the Office of the Auditor General.

I will post when I receive replies.

In the meantime, I would advise you to reply in writing to the SETA indicating your concerns about following their direction given: 1) the current COVID-19 virus pandemic, which is expected to continue for months, and 2) the lockdown from Thursday – as ordered by the President.
      Please cc everyone on that email, and me on sylvia@portalpublishing.net.

Thank you

Share on Social Media
      Petra Penninkhoff
      Participant

Are there any SETAs at all that allow for digital submission of POEs, assessment and moderator reports? What about QCtO

Share on Social Media
      Andrew Friedemann
      Participant

We are with CATHSSETA and have done it this way for the last 6 years – we do not have any hard copies of anything. It has been a struggle overcoming the resistance of wanting hard copies.

Share on Social Media
      Petra Penninkhoff
      Participant

Well done CATHSETA.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media