Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Providers: Time to Voice your concerns

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Hi everyone. I would like to submit concerns to the QCTO, but it doesn’t help that it only comes from me. I have compiled this survey, in support of what I would like to put forward to the QCTO, but clearly need input from providers. No matter how small or big your organisation is, your input is important. I truly believe that if this survey is completed by at least 500 providers, the main issues and concerns could be addressed. I really need your support in this.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScWE3FMnDW6lGfEy8KY2y_zkuNpRVl9ZKjuC2q8gaTzNFqkYg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Please let me know if the link does not work.

This survey brings out the concerns from providers, such as difficulties in applying to the QCTO, possible obstacles that SDPs face, buy-in from Employers towards occupational qualifications, issues with learnerships (BBBEE, rebates, funding for Occupational Qualifications), Assessment Centres, Learner uploads.

Some concerns noted thus far in the survey from SDPs include: red-tape regarding accreditation for a physical site only whereby majority of providers train on Employer’s premises or conference centres, rumor regarding having a training room per qualification application, accreditation applications taking too long, no guidance or support from SETAs, lack of communication and quick turnaround in responses (or none whatsoever), Curriculum documents not found on website, Employers are not seeing the benefits of learnerships on occupational qualifications, no guidelines on how the learner will write the EISA, learner uploads to the QCTO.

If you feel the same on the issues, or want to add to additional issues and perhaps even give solutions or suggestions – please complete the survey.

As an industry that is struggling, let your voices be heard, come on board, say your say – be part of making a difference.

I thank you in advance for supporting this drive.

Share on Social Media
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Lynel Farrell.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media