Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Stop complaining about the DHET application for registration nightmare!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Why stop complaining? Well, because no one is listening!

This is the reality of the private sector, whether it seems a bit harsh, or perhaps not? Since the confusion hit the industry late in 2016 with Communique 1 of 2016, the accredited training provider space/industry/sector took a negative journey with little assistance, no guidance, continuous confusion, rumours, attempting to work on guidelines which is clearly outdated by a decade, not fit for the private sector at all. Non-communication, non-awareness and confusing regulations continued, with no solutions or improvement to the current “compulsory” registration application to the DHET. There is no set standard and each department have their own rules, which is covered in red tape, which are forcing ethical, honest training providers, more than just the compulsory R500.00 application fee, which is non-refundable.

Once the application for registration with the DHET became compulsory for all accredited training providers nationwide, to adhere to, it created huge increased fees from accountants, auditors, health and safety representatives, insurance companies, courier companies and the like. Knowing that the DHET compels the accredited training provider in specific documents, various services are out of the normal price range for majority of providers. Is this done intentionally to close down thousands of training providers nationwide?

Frustrated that your application was submitted almost 2 years ago, and still no registration have happened, nor feedback received? Frustrated that you have had to submit your SARS document twice, as it has expired twice already and still no feedback? Frustrated of the costs that you have paid to compile your application (killing a forest), courier fees, financial surety/guarantee (whereby you might have to even get a second bond on your property to please the DHET’s red tape), continuous calls and emails (un-answered) at your cost because you want to comply? You are not alone, there are over 2000 accredited training providers waiting for registration. They are all frustrated and angry. A combination of entrepreneurs, small businesses right up to JSE listed companies, can’t even please the application for registration and/or get progress (2 years and counting). Yes, it doesn’t mean if you are a corporate/big brand, that you get any favours, every applicant stand in line (a very delayed, stretched, frustrating, costing and wasteful journey for many).

I am one person, and NOT an accredited provider. My intension is to find solutions, as a concerned South African citizen to the private sector specifically for accredited training providers (skills development providers, private colleges). I love the private sector, and the good work accredited training providers do nationwide! However I have heard your frustration, your plea for some answers and your request for a better streamlined registration process. You have applied for registration to the DHET, because you want to comply, and you don’t want to be listed as a bogus provider. On the one hand, this is fantastic, as we need to get these unethical providers out of the education sector – however, for some of you it actually feels as if you are treated like a bogus provider, which you are not. Unfortunately, it seems to us that the wrong training providers are being targeted with continuous red tape, whereby the focus should be on those who are unethical and dishonest.

Okay, so this is what I recommend we do. I am currently drafting a submission of concerns to the Minister: Naledi Pandor, and with this submission, a list of 500 accredited training providers will be included which supports the concerns being addressed. I am of the opinion, that 500 names will be listed within a week or less, as all applicants wants answers, feedback and clearly the registration certificate. Please, support this submission of concerns by completing the survey – share this survey with other accredited training providers, to come on board.

Accredited Providers, time to step up and support this submission. Complete the survey, to make your voice heard.

Herewith the link to the survey:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScm5HnND3HrKWokXWvTss8UDcNdTA28oGZV3GlxY6vjxqUYKQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

I’ ve sent it to some of my colleague. Thank you for your tireless work!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
      Participant

Thank you Tass, really appreciate your support.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media