Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

QCTO Public Notice 16 November 2020

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Dear Members,
      Please find attached Public Notice 02 of 2020/21: Appointment of an Acting Chief Executive Officer (ACEO) for the period 13 November 2020 until 15 January 2021.

Important email addresses are seen on this notice which will assist providers with their various applications to the QCTO.

Share on Social Media
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thank you Lynel for posting this important message.

I’m sure everyone wishes the QCTO CEO Vijayen Naidoo all their best karma, strength, prayers, duas, and puja.

We’ll be thinking of you Vijayen.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Hi Sylvia, you are most welcome. We send our best wishes to Mr Naidoo for a full recovery.

Share on Social Media
      Bernard Botha
      Participant

Lynel,

It is very nice of the QCTO to inform the public about the hospitalisation of their CEO but they fail to attend to the complete collapse of their communication systems – paragraph 6.1 of the public notice states in bold letters that complaints should not be addressed to the CEO’s email address – because it is patently obvious that desperate stakeholders are doing just that as nothing else works!

Those email addresses that one should use to communicate with the QCTO are just anonymous email addresses – nobody bothers to even open let alone answer them. I am not aware of anybody who has sent an email to one of those addresses that received an acknowledgement let alone redress or an answer to his or her query.

Sending a reminder is just a waste of data – that will also be ignored. I have on occasion asked for a reference number after being told that they keep a log of all submissions – still waiting.

As the staff are ‘working from home’ one would have expected their cell numbers to be freely available; if you do get hold of one and call that staff member it is inevitable that the next time you call that number you get the message ‘the number you have dialled is not active’. The switchboard, when it was still manned, said they were not allowed to provide the cell numbers of staff members, unlike any public company where the contact details are freely available.

There is one notable exception – if you CC him in an email, he will respond within five or ten minutes, if you call his cell, which by the way is widely published, he will answer. That is Mr. Thomas Lata and he is now being burdened even more.

Unfortunately he is a lone voice calling in the Hatfield dessert.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Bernard,

I don’t believe that the system have collapsed, but you have the right to express your opinion in the public domain. Perhaps one should try to work with departments and also be considered that they have also been negatively affected by Covid. There might be a delay in communication, as the departments are flooded by requests – there are thousands of providers nationwide, and everyone wants a response within 5 minutes.

I have been in contact with the QCTO, and continue to keep communications open. I surely don’t need to copy the CEO every time I feel like the response is not quick enough. The QCTO have given all the different email addresses to different departments to make it easier for providers to communicate to the correct department.

There are various providers that I work with and so far, they have all received acknowledgments and responses (perhaps not the same day, but they are receiving responses and communication from the QCTO).

In order to also fully understand the challenges, you could read the minutes between DHET, CHE, SAQA and the QCTO dated 10th November. This you will obtain from the Parliamentary Monitoring Group – it is an eye opener for sure.

I am grateful for the notice and will work with the QCTO all day, any day.

To address your complaint, perhaps you should email this directly to the QCTO, as I don’t think any of their staff members are linked to this network.

Have a lovely week further

Share on Social Media
      Colette Heunes
      Participant

Thank you for the information Lynel. I am so glad for Mr Thomas Lata, he is the most helpful and kindest person. I am sure he will do a great job.

Regards
      Colette

Share on Social Media
        Lynel Farrell
        Keymaster

You are most welcome Colette! Yes, I agree with you. Mr Lata is extremely helpful and always go the extra mile. I wish him all the best in these difficult times that we are all facing.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media