Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

QCTO Letter of Intent

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Janelle Gravett
      Participant

Morning All. We are applying for an Extension of Scope for one of our clients and when following up with QCTO in regard to the LOI and why its taking so long we received the following information:

“The QCTO is embarking on developing an online system that will be used in submitting all applications. The Accreditation team is requested not to send any recommendation letters from July 2020 until further notice. As the QCTO is still working in how the online system can generate all the captured application letters to the applicants.

We understand the inconvenience however the process has to take place in assisting the smooth running of the system.”

Is anyone else aware of this or has anyone had a similar notification? Especially “The Accreditation team is requested not to send any recommendation letters from July 2020 until further notice.”

@LynelFarrell
      and @SylviaHammond – have you heard anything about this?

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Janelle,
      Thanks for posting this question.

No I have not seen that as an official QCTO announcement, nor heard informally.

Who is – or what is meant by – “the accreditation team”?

And this says “from July”. We are near the end of September!

Share on Social Media
      Janelle Gravett
      Participant

Morning Sylvia. Not sure who the Accreditation Team is! No names given! And yes we are in Sept and submitted our LOI in Aug so its interesting that we now get this email response to our follow up enquiries. QCTO states they process the LOI in 21 days! We have been following up every 21 days and this is the first we have heard about this situation! Would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this as we have quite a large EOS we are completing for a client!
      I’ve also checked the QCTO website and there is no mention of this on the site.

Share on Social Media
      Andrea Mammes
      Participant

Hi,
      I sent LOI through on the 24th of August, and again on the 8th of September.
      I have 2 more clients.
      Eish

Share on Social Media
      Janelle Gravett
      Participant

Hi Andrea – please let us know what they respond to you with! I be interested to see if its the same as ours! thanks Janelle

Share on Social Media
      Petunia Makome
      Participant

Hello Janelle,

I received the same feedback yesterday morning from Sivu (the lady that assisted me the last time)

I guess we will have to wait until the new system is up and running.

Dankie.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks Andrea and Petunia for your responses.

I have now re-read the response a few times now.

The way I understand it, the QCTO are simply assuming that there is a team in your organisation submitting the request – I think.

Then the wording of:
      “…not to send any recommendation letters from July 2020 until further notice. As the QCTO is still working in how the online system can generate all the captured application letters to the applicants.”

“still working” seems to indicate that this started some time ago – before July.
      “…on how the online system can generate all the captured application letters to the applicants”.

This appears to be a software issue.

Generally, one does not stop the world to get off- while planning software systems.

The procedures are analysed, the proposed systems are planned, and developed, and tested, and then implemented.

All existing systems continue while this is going on.

I will distribute to all – maybe one of our members can shed light on exactly what the QCTO are doing/not doing.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Janelle,
      I shared to all members, and posted to Twitter and LinkedIn. I am sure someone will have the answer and clarification.

Share on Social Media
      Masilo Piet Mangena
      Participant

Hi Team

Receive below email also

Dear Sir

We are currently not sending referrals for applications sent from July up until now, QCTO is currently busy with a new system for applications/Referrals.

Regards

Precious Twala

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

I will attempt from my side to get some clarification. I am not aware of all letters of intent that got halted since July 2020. We started some of the online applications last month (August) and so far so good – up and running.

Share on Social Media
      Masilo Piet Mangena
      Participant

Hi Team

People received letter of intent from QCTO with today’s date.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks Masilo, we are trying from a few different routes to get some clarification. Will post as soon as we have info.

Share on Social Media
      Carron Dewa
      Participant

Good day. the online system is running. below is the link.

https://forms.office.com/FormsPro/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=WYKvGtx_dkOLCRj6eXre7cQfdpB9YCFAsVRDtPf78FpUMUdXRFEyOVZVMThONUdNVEY0UU44VDFXNi4u

or you can go on the website then go to services and choose accreditation and scroll down there is a block on the left side, click on Accreditation application online form and then click on Accreditation Online Application Form for OQSF, it will direct you to the process where you choose what you want to apply for. This is my first attempt, I hope it will be successful and I hope it will help too.

Share on Social Media
      SHANE BATOHI
      Participant

Hi All,

No one seems to reply from QCTO – this has been going on for an entire month.

Share on Social Media
      SHANE BATOHI
      Participant

Does anyone have an email address or contact number for someone at QCTO?

Thanks

Share on Social Media
      Carron Dewa
      Participant

I got hold of someone on this number 012 003 5618, their direct line. I was asking about the online application. I hope they can assist you

Share on Social Media
      Janelle Gravett
      Participant

Thank you @SylviaHammond and @LynelFarrell! Appreciate your assistance.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media