Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

QCTO latest communication published

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 1 year ago.

• Author

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Good day, please find the latest QCTO Clarification on way forward regarding the quality assurance of Qualifications registered on the Occupational Qualifications Sub-Framework. Published today 26 June 2018

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

Please help to understand this…

“2. ACCREDITATION OF SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROVIDERS
    a) The QAPs will in the interim remain responsible for the accreditation applications from Skills Development Providers (SDPs) for Skills Programmes. As from 1 July 2018, copies of all accreditation letters issued by the QAPs to SDPs to offer skills programmes, must be forwarded to the QCTO, (accreditation@qcto.org.za) as the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) requires accreditation letters from the QCTO for all accredited SDPs on its sub-framework.”

Does this mean I have to send the accreditation letter we have for our Skills Program to the QCTO? Surely the ETQA should be informing the QCTO who has accreditation?

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
      Participant

Hi Andrew, the SETA must send the accreditation letter to the QCTO. Note: as from the 1st July 2018 the SETA must forward all accreditation letters issued to providers, to the QCTO. Kindly note, that this letter is addressed to all SETA CEOs and Professional Bodies. So it is their responsibility to follow these instructions accordingly.

Share on Social Media

Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

Thanx Lynel – So I will just ignore it.

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Hey Lynel,
    This is indeed good news, a little on the late side, but nonetheless at least we now have a process to follow post 30 June. I think it provides a lot of relief for providers (SDP’s) in terms of accreditation, but it also gives some breathing space in adapting to QCTO processes. I think this is an ideal time for SDP’s to start familiarising themselves with the intended QCTO processes and not leave it to the last minute when everything will appear confusing, rushed and disappointing.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

To All Accredited Training Providers, a notice from SAQA!!!!

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:

Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

Thanx Lynel –

Concerned though about the ‘Secondly’ point. What about skills programmes and qualifications that ARE being used, but SETAs have never uploaded achievements to the NLRD. SAQA sees these as ‘No Uptake’ which is of course incorrect, and they will be lost to users through no fault of their own.

We as a provider lost a whole lot of programmes we regularly used because of this at the last clean out period a while back. I don’t want it happening again.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:

Lynel Farrell
      Participant

Hi Andrew, then perhaps you need to take this up with the QCTO and SAQA, and include your SETA in the request, if your learners are not uploaded onto the system.

Share on Social Media

Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

Hi Lynel

Don’t like to always sound pessimistic, but, been there, done that, seven plus years of correspondence and promises but nothings changed.

My hope is still that one day someone will take this seriously, but I am too tired to carry on on my own.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

In order to see whether qualifications have in fact been re-registered, I tested a qualification, and it was. Registration Start date: 2018-07-01, Registration End date: 2021-06-30, Last Date of Enrolment: 2022-06-30 and Last Date of Achievement: 2027-06-30. What a relief!!!! Thank you SAQA and Thank you QCTO for making this decision, and following through!!

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media