Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Please confirm info from DHET

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 2 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Good morning all,
    A member has just advised me that Ruth at DHET has said that they:
    “… don’t have to change to Pty anymore, we can stay a CC?? Do you know of this change in requirements? I asked her whether they will let us know after evaluation to change to Pty and she said it’s not necessary anymore.
    Also told her that we have financial statements, but not audited, and she said we can send it in as is.”
    I have checked for a Gov Gazetter, but don’t see anything yet.
    Please can we try and confirm – preferably in writing so that we can circulate.
    sylvia

Share on Social Media

Colette Tennison
    Participant

Hi Sylvia

I haven’t heard anything official in this regard. I will be at the offices tomorrow to deliver applications and will try to find out (and get it in writing if possible!).

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Excellent – thanks Colette.

Share on Social Media

siphiwe Tshuma
    Participant

We have also made a follow up with DHET and they said we can submit as CLOSE CORPORATION.Audited financial statement they are no longer needed thanks to the team members working so tirelessly.

Booker

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thank you Siphiwe – that is really great news.

Share on Social Media

Denise Bonnelle
    Participant

Thank you for all the information. Its much appreciated.

Share on Social Media

Alti Kriel
    Participant

I also got confirmation now from DHET (in writing) that CC’s will now be accepted.

Share on Social Media

Marieta Wasserfall
    Participant

Okay..I am getting all my ducks in a row to submit our application on Friday. I have picked up the following..I need to prepare an acknowledgement of receipt for DHET sign-off. Anything else? Who is the best person to submit to? Do I need to make an appointment? Thank you to everyone who contributed and assisted in this Forum. I would have been totally lost without you.

Share on Social Media

Adel Griesel
    Participant

Hi all, we submitted this morning and they said all statements must be audited and original Tax Certificate is required, however, they take the file to evaluate – letter will be given in 3 working days – certificate will be send in 6 months.

Share on Social Media

Colette Tennison
    Participant

I submitted my providers’ applications this morning. For those who are concerned about the process:
    The address is 123 Francis Baard Street
    Pretoria

Once I had found parking (a stressful task in that area), I went to the reception which is on the left as you go in. If you ask for the Private TVET Colleges Directorate, they will call up for someone to come down to collect the application and you can take a seat in their overstuffed lounge suite while you wait. The wait was not very long until one of the admin clerks came down to accept my applications. She was very helpful and checked each application to confirm that the application form was included together with proof of payment (all providers did EFT payments). She then checked the company registration document to confirm that the name corresponded to the name on the application form and that there was a tax clearance certificate. I submitted several CC applications and she confirmed that they are now processing these. In terms of the audited financial statements requirement, she could not confirm whether this was still a requirement but did say that any further requirements would be communicated to the providers and they could then correspond regarding what was actually applicable to their business. She willingly signed all of my receipts for applications and said that response time on applications received is 3 weeks to a month.

I hope this helps those who still need to submit. I must say, once the applications were compiled, the most stressful part of submitting them was finding parking!

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thank you Colette, that is much appreciated.
      Travel safely sylvia

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media