Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Minister responds favourably to Registration concerns from JC1-2016

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 2 years ago.

• Author

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Dear Private Training Providers (Skills Development Providers) in South Africa,

Following our submission of concerns to the Minister regarding Registration of SDP’s with DHET, we have received an official reply. It is with great pleasure to share with you the favorable outcome from the Minister of Education: Dr Nzimande, an announcement that will finally bring relief to providers nationwide. We attach the letter received today, for your ease of mind, to share with others who are still unaware of the compulsory registration with the DHET, and to give some relief.

Working with the Minister and DHET can benefit all of us. They have shown a willingness to work with us, so let us return the favour by registering. Lets show our commitment to ridding ourselves of the bogus/fly-by-nights. Together we can make this work. Applications are open to all Training Providers in South Africa. There will be a new deadline set, so don’t delay your application for registration.

If you need help, you are more than welcome to visit our website: http://www.jc1-2016.com We offer this service to small, medium and corporate training providers nationwide!

JC1 ETD Consultants Pty Ltd
    Directors: Nigel Shipston, Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

To Nigel and Lynel,
    Wonderful news from DHET Minister Dr Nzimande.

Now you can continue to encourage all skills development providers to register. We cannot allow a few dishonest people to damage the good work so many skills development providers and employers are doing.
    The skills are so important for the national economic development priorities.

Share on Social Media

Dave Riekert
      Participant

To all the warriors that fought this battle for us, a massive thank you. Now lets not disappoint the minister and show him that us private Service Providers are indeed professional by registering.

Regards
      Dave

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
        Participant

Hi Dave, you took the words right out of my mouth! That is so true. Let’s encourage and motivate all accredited providers whom offer full qualifications, skills programmes (even a single Unit Standard) between NQF 1-6 to complete the application for registration to the DHET. This is the only way to get rid of the bogus/fly-by-nights that have been damaging our industry! Come on Providers, get those applications in, it is worth it, and you will benefit in the future for sure. Let’s show the DHET the number of quality providers in South Africa that want to comply and adhere and be part of this journey to combat crime and build on the private sector.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Sylvia
    It has taken time and many hours/weeks/months. Dr Nzimande is a remarkable man, and we are very pleased that SMME providers can breath a bit better now. Myself and Nigel are getting ready for our meeting with the DHET Directorate regarding various other concerns, which we will share here as well. This is along journey, but we are in this together, and will continue to support providers nationwide. We need to work with the DHET, in order to save our industry, and this is what we are going to do together for sure.

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Indeed Sister Warrior, I just wonder where all the self proclaimed voices of the industry have been in this?

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Maybe they gave up Nigel, I am not sure. But clearly this shows, that if you care enough about providers and the great work they do, the long hours of hard work is so worth it. We will continue our work and engage with the DHET! We have done well Nigel! Let’s continue to make a positive difference, because we can and we want to!

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Actions speak louder than words! This is our industry, and if we ever stop having that attitude, it will be time to exit. That will not be for a long time, senior or blond moments notwithstanding!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

I agree Nigel 100%. The passion we have for the industry will not change. We have taken action, worked long hours and didn’t give up. It is not easy to stand up for others, but we did, and the outcome is fantastic. I do hope that this good news will be shared with and between providers, so that those whom have started to loose hope, can get up and do what they do best. Upskill the nation, drive that passion for quality education and let’s get these applications for registration in at the DHET, so that we can get rid of the bogus unethical providers that continue to damage our industry. Together we can do wonders, make a positive difference to many!

Share on Social Media

Yay! Yay! Yay! Super well done!

I am meeting with the DHET on Tuesday together with a provider – pleased they seem to be listening at last

Share on Social Media

karen deller
    Participant

Well done.

Share on Social Media

Andrea Mammes
    Participant

Well done!!

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Thank you Ladies, much appreciated! I think it does indicate that as an industry we need to recognise our place and stand for what we know is right. We have been like orphans sitting on the outside too long, and if we believe in what we do, then we must not only show it, but also be prepared to defend our position.

Share on Social Media

Janelle Gravett
    Participant

Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off and thank you for taking this on, on behalf of the SDP industry!

Share on Social Media

Henk Cloete
    Participant

I could not be more proud to be associated with people of this calibre…

Lynel / Nigel, if there are still people out there that that are not utilizing your “skills set” in one way or the other… then well… shame on them..

Thank you for walking the proverbial extra mile!

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Thanks Henk, we do it for all the hard working and often times unsupported training providers, like yourself, who are committed to enabling our nation. I believe it is Lynel and I who are proud to be associated with you and all the other training providers who are trying to make a difference. It makes an exercise such as this well worthwhile.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

WOW – the two of you are Dynamite. Thank you for this excellent news! Your dedication is applauded!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you so much for the acknowledgements and kind words everybody, it is really appreciated. This news must spread, please take 5 minutes of your time today and spread this to other providers, I am sure that there are thousands out there unaware of this good news. Whether it is your competition or not, let’s work together and spread this news to everyone. I have tried to post this on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, however any additional spreading of this good news will go a long way, and help others. Let us spread this as far as possible, it only takes 5 minutes of your time to make a positive difference! My brother Warrior NIGEL, you are amazing, thank you for your passion for this industry and your continuous long hours working on the solutions to the industry. We will make a positive difference for sure!

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Thanks Tass, when a team has common interests and purpose, things can happen! The more support we get the better.

Share on Social Media

BONGI ILUNGA
    Participant

Well done guys! Keep up the good work.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you so much Jax (good luck with your meeting, fingers crossed for you), Karen, Andrea, Janelle, Henk (we proud to be in this industry, and to be part of this fantastic journey, you make us proud), Tass, Bongi – thank you so much for your appreciation and thanks, it is really appreciated. Please do spread the word to others, we can make such a huge difference to others, and all we need to do is spread the letter, so that those whom are in distress have some relief. We can only do this together. Let’s spread the good news, I know of many that would really be so happy to see this news. We can only move forward and have success, if we stand together and share this amongst each other and to others.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Dear Skills Universe Members, how do we spread this good news to other training providers? Please give me your input, I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Dear Skills Universe Members : Accredited Training Providers!
    As DHET and the Minister have indicated a willingness to work with our industry, it is up to us to return the favour by Registering. Remember that this process is intended among other things, to reduce the fly-by-nights and bogus providers who are damaging the market and our name. Both the Minister and DHET are actively identifying the problem children in the Education and Higher Education sectors, and will no doubt do the same for us.

Avoid the DHET “naughty list”! It is not a place for compliant training providers who are committed to the training effort in our country.

Please feel free to confirm any details with us.

Share on Social Media

Duke Lopez
    Participant

Congratulations guys for the fantastic results! Your sincere efforts and hardwork is indeed highly appreciated. You should be proud of yourselves. Congratulations to all! Keep up the good work guys!

Is there anyone who can send me the application form to registration with DHET as a private training provider? Here is my email duke@proskillstraining.co.za

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Hi Duke, appreciated! I have dropped you a mail with a link.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Dear Skills Universe Members and Training Providers.

I was at the DHET today again, and was informed that many providers have submitted applications, however it was the wrong application form, or the applications do not have all the supporting documents. This will cause that you will receive a letter of remediation or a request that you do this application from the start again, which you need to avoid for sure. Please ensure when completing your application, that you:
    1. Complete the correct application form
    2. Include all supporting documents (there should be 9 annexures)
    3. Ensure that your documents are certified
    4. Proof of payment to the DHET must be included in your application
    5. Applications must be ring-binded and secure please
    6. Please make sure that your email address is CLEARLY indicated in your application!

If you are not sure about your submission, I recommend that you open a file, ensure that each requirement is met, and that you have an additional file ready to re-submit. Keep an eye on the post for letters from the DHET – some of the letters are so delayed by the postal services, that you will/might receive your remedial letter and deadline on the day it is due (stressfull!!). We will address the delay in the postal sub-standard delivery with the DHET once our meeting time-slot is confirmed.

Please, submit your application for registration, it is important. Let’s help the DHET in complying and adhering to the compulsory registration in order to short-list the bogus fly-by-nights, so that the DHET can prosecute them and get them out of our industry. Together we can really make a difference. It is our industry, and we are proud of our achievements in upskilling the nation with quality programs, fantastic facilitators, great learning material!. Our learners are important to us and so is there growth and their achievements. Come on providers, get those correct applications in!

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Quite right Lynel, but I think a lot of the requirements for the registration are now so far from the “Guideline” issued by, and now implemented by DHET that it is more of a mis-guideline. Simple things like the ring binding of applications has never been included in any guidelines, yet it could be a stumbling block in submitting an application. There are many issues such as OHS Certification and Surety where providers may be extending their finances to cater for these requirements when it may not have been necessary. Please be aware everyone that this requires intense research to avoid the numerous tripwires on this journey.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

I couldn’t agree with your more Nigel. This has actually placed a lot of confusion, and it takes months to get to the correct flow of documents, processes, procedures, addressing each and every component of the application with care, respect, consideration, time, understanding, questioning, explaining, obtaining solutions and the list goes on. Each provider is unique, no matter how small or big. I foresee big stumbling blocks and a lot of remedial submissions especially for those whom have spent weeks/months in completing their own application, not being aware that the wrong application was completed. This is not the provider that is at fault, but careful questioning and getting all your ducks in a row will help a lot.

Oh, the war stories just increase/intensify on a daily basis. I actually don’t know how to put my absolute disappointment to those whom have tried to blind innocent providers by ensuring they are out of pocket before their application even reaches the DHET. This is not on, and there is no way that we can stop this, but my point of view and my voice will be heard – and I trust that many will read this today/tonight. It is absolutely crucial that providers ensure that, before spending amounts that goes into the R100 000 or more figure, stop immediately. Get facts, be aware that there is relief and solutions. Be aware of the mince machines out there trying to take every cent out of you – you don’t deserve to be treated like this, nor does your business.
    The DHET did not implement this application for registration to hurt businesses, but to take a stand to get rid of those whom have damaged our industry. We need to show the DHET that we want to comply and we also want these Shenanigans out of our industry whom are taking from the learners whom don’t deserve such ill treatment. This is our industry, our learners, our quality that we use to upskill the nation. Let us please be aware of the changes happening, help one another and in the same breath work with the DHET.
    We can do this people, but let’s do it right. Private Training Providers are needed (no matter how big or small), your skills and passion is crucial in South Africa, don’t give up. Let’s get those correct application in please. Let’s make a positive difference!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

ETDP Seta Providers, I know this is not part of this topic, but please spread the word to others, there is an :INVITATION TO ETDPSETA INDICIUM WORKSHOP THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!

Just received from ETDPSETA:
    You are kindly invited to the INDICIUM MIS training workshop that will be held at Sci-bono on the 6th & 7th September 2017.
    Kindly ensure that at least two representative of your organisation is equipped with notepad and a pen.
    1. Please find the provider information form attached to be completed for information to be updated on the new INDICIUM system.
    This is vital for updating your qualifications and details. Kindly ensure that you are in possession of the learning material of the elective unit standards listed. This will be confirmed during monitoring visits.
    The information needs to be updated on the system by ETQA officers as soon as possible for you to be operational soon after the training session.
    2. Please forward completed documents to ngisanam@etdpseta.org.za.
    Should these documents not be provided prior or on the day of one of the training workshops it will be noted that your organisation is no longer active and accreditation will be indicated as ‘inactive’.
    3. The access form attached must be completed also preferably before the workshop and forwarded to ngisanam@etdpseta.org.za to allow the service provider to create MIS access details prior to the workshop to enable you to practice during the training session.
    Kindly do indicate on the form which date you will be attending due to catering confirmation. If you attend on the 6th you cannot attend on the 7th unless you have arranged with me.
    Attached is the reply-slip kindly RSVP your attendance on or by the 5th September 2017 by email address:thokozilen@etdpseta.org.za and cc ngisanam@etdpseta.org.za

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

For some members whom have missed the response from the Minister, here it is again.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media