Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Minister Nzimande response to Submission of Concerns

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 2 months ago.

• Author

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Dear Members,
    Thank you to each and everyone that got involved and completed the survey, which formed part of the Submission of Concerns that was submitted to the Minister regarding the Application for Registration with the DHET.

I have attached the Minister’s acknowledgment and response to the submission for your records.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Lynel,
    Thank you for your hard work in obtaining this clarification from the Minister.
    I noted the Minister’s comments about the consultancy fees being charged – that is very interesting. I will start a discussion about our legislation and administrative requirements.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
      Participant

Hi Sylvia, you are most welcome. It took some time to do, but I am very pleased that SDP concerns have been acknowledged. The charges that consultants are charging for one application between R50k-R70k is a shock to me. I hope that providers will continue to submit their applications, as this also shows that the provider wants to comply. The DHET acknowledges the delay in the registration process, and have acknowledged the concerns addressed. Lets hope for a quicker turnaround time, give the DHET team time to work through these applications, and be patient.

For all the ethical awesome providers out there, let us work with the QCTO and the DHET.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks Lynel – agree we keep working.

I have posted a discussion querying costs – so I will be interested to see if I receive a response.

Also the Communique 1 of 2018 is available in our Downloads section.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

DHET updated List of Skills Development Providers (applicants) published 15 July 2019. Two updates in one month is remarkable. Things are happening! Thank you DHET Private Colleges Team!

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media