Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Letter of intent

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Fiona de Beer Nel 6 months ago.

• Author

Fiona de Beer Nel
    Participant

Hi Lauren and “Dad” Nigel

Need some assistance please. I understood before we can apply for accreditation with a seta we need to first complete a letter of intent with QCTO. I have also had a link to this online letter, but seem to have misplaced it or whatever weird technological error I applied again. Is this the case, meaning did I understand it correctly. (As I cant find this online application anymore)

Then do I await QCTO to respond back to me saying yes I can apply for accreditation with a seta, or do I then just continue with the accreditation process with the seta.

I have submitted our application with 2 setas, but no response from them as yet. So just wanted to get my facts straight before the big “follow-up” starts

Share on Social Media

Mariska Freitag
    Participant

Hi
    To my understanding – if you’ve already been registered with the QCTO you should apply through the QCTO.
    If you have not been, you may work through your Seta directly.

Share on Social Media

Fiona de Beer Nel
    Participant

Thank you

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
      Participant

Hey Fiona,
      All accreditation applications have to be first routed through QCTO via the “letter of Intent”. QCTO will check the application to ensure that either the application is covered by a new Occupational Qualification or there is not yet a replacement Occupational Qualification to replace the scope of the programmes you are applying for.

In the latter case, where there is no new Occupational Qualification, you will be sent a letter confirming that you can then proceed via the relative SETA. You then follow the normal accreditation process.

Share on Social Media

Fiona de Beer Nel
    Participant

Thank you Nigel, Do you perhapse know if the part qualifications are approved or in place yet?

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

If you check out the qualification documents from QCTO, they indicate within the curriculum whether there are parts and which are considered parts. If there are parts, then you can apply for a specific part qualification.

Share on Social Media

TRACEY MCLENNAN
    Participant

Hi Nigel, do you know how long this should take, we have been waiting for 2 months for a reply from the QCTO?

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
      Participant

Hi Tracey,
      That is an answer that needs to come from QCTO. Just after July this year, replies were coming out in around 3 – 4 weeks, but as a relatively new process and now combining over 20 SETA’s accreditation requests, I should imagine this is becoming a major task. Have you contacted the QCTO accreditation section to enquire about your letter of intent?

Share on Social Media

Fiona de Beer Nel
      Participant

Hi Tracy

We received our letter within 7 days

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media