Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Learner registration linked to workplace placement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dawie van der Merwe
    Participant

CHIETA requires us (as a SDP) to register apprentices with the SETA where we are going to place the apprentices for workplace/in-service practical training. CHIETA are the funders.

No other SETA that we work with, requires it from us.

When asking CHIETA to provide evidence of this requirement (they say it is DHET requirement) then they only forward the Training Act and refer to point 7 which is only referencing to the requirement of indicating during registration of the learner, where he/she will be placed – nothing about registering the apprentice at the SETA where the host company pays their Skills Levies.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Dawie,
    I have now read your post a number of times.

My first question is what Training Act are you referring to? Please can you just quote the Gov Gazette reference and the date. I would like to see that reference.

Then I have had a number of experiences where we duplicate documentation, for example the Seta where the company pays the SDL and who are funding, and also with the SETA where the qualification is registered.
    Someone described it to me as follow the money, and then follow the quality assurance. So two Setas are involved.

I would like to make sure that we have clarity on this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media