Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Finalising Professional Body for Assessors, Moderators, Facilitators, LMD

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Dear Members,

Mrs Adel Griesel would like to host a workshop to finalise the Professional Body @ SAQA for ASSESSORS,MODERATORS, FACILITATORS, LMD, MENTORS and LEARNERSHIP Implementators at ECSA offices (Johannesburg, Gauteng).

For bookings and more info please email adel@agtrainingconsulting.co.za.

Cost will be R450 for the day including catering.

Free membership for those who attend.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

The date have been set: 29 November 2019

Institute for Skills Professionals Workshop with Adel Griesel

If you are a great champion as an Assessor, Moderator, Learning Material Designer, Learnership Manager and Training Co-Ordinator but struggle to advocate for yourself, this workshop will help you ethically to contribute towards the establishment of these roles, give input, help make decisions to improve our individual roles in the ETDP Sector.

Date: 29 November 2019
      Time: 09:00am to 13:30 pm
      Venue: CESA School of Engineering, Paulshof, Sandton, Johannesburg (Gauteng)
      Fee: R400.00 per person

Reservation email: adel@agtrainingconsulting.co.za

Share on Social Media
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Janelle Gravett
      Participant

Hi Lynel
      Is this about registering a Professional Body for Assessors, Moderators etc?

The ASDSA is already a registered Prof Body taking care of these roles.

Share on Social Media
      Adel Griesel
      Participant

Dear Janelle

The ASDSA is not focusing on the assessor and moderator registered with the SETA as active role players in the market, collaboration to the SETA and from the SETA, PoE establishments and legal contracts. I myself belong to the ASDSA, the relationships are not addressed, however, I did address and ask the services rendered and it was confirmed that they only look at skilling assessors but not addressing gaps i.e legal compliance, SLA, assistance with none payments, comms from SETA’s and the list goes on mentioned to SAQA. This forum is not only for registered assessors as per criteria of the ASDSA but for new not yet registered assessors in the engineering/rail and LMI, MQA etc, however, I will address this again with the forum when all the other designations on our side are addressed. The designations will not be the same, so the roles and services will not be the same.

Share on Social Media
        Lynel Farrell
        Keymaster

Hi Adel,
        So you already had a meeting with SAQA? This is fantastic news. Will you be addressing all these items in the workshop?

Share on Social Media
        Janelle Gravett
        Participant

HI Adel
        Thank you for the clarity. As a very experienced SDF, Assessor and Moderator I am very interested in your initiative. I also have extensive experience with Professional Bodies.

Share on Social Media
      Adel Griesel
      Participant

Hi Lynel

Yes, waited 4 months for an invite after going through 5 phases, eventually got invited to present and all of the above and more will be discussed during the workshop.

Instead of making our own decisions, I have decided to include new, intermediate and experienced roleplayers to form part of the establishment and designations, how to, best to, before I proceed and revert back to SAQA.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Thank you Adel,
      I am extremely interested. Very excited about this process. Thank you for taking such a big role on. The workshop will definitely be interesting!

Share on Social Media
      Des Squire
      Participant

I dont mean to be negative but the heading “finalising professional body” worries me. As a provider, assessor, moderator and verifier for the past twenty years I and many others like me feel it might have been a good ideas to involve us from the planning stage and not from the final stage as indicated. This could have been a great discussion point on skills Universe.

Share on Social Media
      Adel Griesel
      Participant

Hi Des

Thank you for your input, however, this is a planning phase for us and it was my request to SAQA to follow a different route as the normal PB process and hence your 20-year experience, many many things have changed as you may know by now. As per your email to me – I did not give an overview of what will be covered but you are welcome to attend when we have another session. The session is to gather and share info and like you in the industry, I am actively running EE, BBBEE, SDF and more in the industry for small to corporates, QA for SETA’s, verifier for Councils and the list goes on. I fix so many issues, from legal compliance on contract to payment issues, fraud etc. At this stage, time is limited to discuss any of the initiatives on any electronic platform due to medium audience access, for example, this platform. We cater for the new upcoming to the masters like you in 9 different designations, and some have no internet access at all or internet coverage. Final overviews etc out of the workshop will be posted on different platforms for input though but after I covered all the different areas and stakeholders. I hope this helps and clarifies your concern.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media