Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Disaster Management Act Amendment 12 July 2020

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

I know many are frustrated with the strict new lockdown rules. Herewith the Disaster Management Act Amendment that was published last night: 12 July 2020. Please take note:

Regulation 5(3)(a) and (b):

“(3) (a) An employer must provide every employee with a cloth face
      mask, home made item, or another appropriate item that covers the nose and mouth, when in the workplace.
      (b) An employer may not allow any employee to perform any duties
      or enter the employment premises if the employee is not wearing a cloth face mask, home made item, or another appropriate item that covers the nose and mouth while performing his or her duties.
      to be read with Regulation 14(7):
      (7) An employer who fails to take reasonable steps to ensure compliance with regulation 5(3)(a) or (b) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

I wasn’t able to upload the gazette, herewith the link to the gazette:

https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/202007/43521gon763.pdf

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks for posting Lynel,
      Had a day of unscheduled load-shedding here.

I know how frustrating this software is when you have issues like that with attachments – I will see if I can delete the error message via the admin route.

Although I did speak to Alan about this recently. I find that many people don’t know where to look to find things for themselves, and so I thought it would be better if instead of us providing attachments, maybe we should adopt that as a policy that we provide links.

Interested to have your opinion on that.

Share on Social Media
        Lynel Farrell
        Keymaster

You are most welcome Sylvia, i think the links work better – each person have their own preference. If a link is shared, then we can see where the source is, makes sense to me!

Share on Social Media
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media