Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

DHET/HW SETA/QCTO

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone. I have to make an apology regarding my previous posting. Short course providers will NOT be accredited, according to info provided at the KZN QCTO information sharing meeting yesterday. Instead providers may apply to be accredited to offer part qualifications consisting of no less than 25% of a whole qualification. 

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Hi Jax, so if you are an accredited provider and you do not have 25% to offer from a full qualification, it means close your doors?  This takes away a right to trade completely – or did I fall of the bus and got lost somewhere?

Is there any regulation/policy by the Authorities that have been gazetted and recorded, so that we can read and understand this.

Rudy Maritz
    Participant

I do believe the 25% refers to 25 credits as a minimum for a part qualification. That represents 250 hours of learning made up out of three parts – theory, practical and experiential (PoE). First Aid is not nearly there until level 5, which then passes on to the HPCSA if I am not mistaken.

yes, Rudi. You are correct. 

soz I meant 25 credits -as Rudi says. I have no idea where this is said but it was brought up at the meeting yesterday and we were told this would be classified as a “part qualification” and must cover knowledge, practical and workplace elements. 

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media