Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

DHET/HW SETA/QCTO

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Hi Frikkie – in my view it’s twofold – they have bitten off more than they can chew and they don’t have the political will to make it happen.

They don’t trust the private providers despite them jumping through the accreditation hoops and so won’t give them the right to issue the certificates. But then they themselves don’t follow their own rules for quality assurance and service delivery.

It’s a battle that will never be won while the govt interferes in private enterprise.

Cornea Bruyns
    Participant

Hi alti

My meeting is yet to be confirmed. I am waiting for reply but will be in the week of 13 March.

it will be QCTO, DHET and HW Seta present at the meeting.

my email is cornea@nicore.co.za if you would like to get hold of me for more detail and I will keep you in the loop of my progress.

Anonymous

Morning Sir

The HWSETA hereby invites you to a two-day workshop in relation to the existing Occupational Health and Safety legacy qualifications.

The purpose of the workshop is to:

• Establish the need to review the  occupational qualification developed by MQA
    • Provide all the relevant stakeholders an opportunity to determine the future of the existing skills programme or full qualifications and determine how they can be enhanced into part qualification or full qualification.
    • Find  a way to address the needs of first aid, firefighting unit standards and skills programmes

Date      : 08-09 March 2017

Venue  : Protea/Premier Hotel Airport

Kindly RSVP on the form above.

Looking forward to a very constructive process that will assist us in establishing and implementing a qualification that will be of benefit to our sector

Kanyisa Wopula
    Qualification Development and Maintenance Officer
    Email: kanyisaw@hwseta.org.za
    Web: http://www.hwseta.org.za
    Tel: 011 607 6979
    Mob:

17 Bradford Road, Bedfordview
    Johannesburg
    Gauteng

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

Virus-free. http://www.avast.com

Cornea Bruyns
    Participant

Hi All

I was at a CETA workshop today and they don’t seem to be very worried about the QCTO or HDET registration. As a matter of fact I spoke to one of the board members who do not have a copy of the communique.

Upon my question of the registration the answer was that they are in conversation with the QCTO and cannot give any info at this stage (my conclusion of this remark is that they do not have an answer…)

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Isn’t it funny that a SETA doesn’t even know what is gazetted????????????  Some SETAs are clearly against the powers that be, and not having a clue about compulsory stipulations, gazettes or the request sent to all SETAs is a mere disrespect shown to both QCTO and DHET – I think this is absolutely embarrasing to say the least.  I now go to my quiet corner, poor providers that fall under these kind of SETAs will be disadvantaged and this cannot be allowed – it is a disgrace.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media