Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

DHET updated List of Private Skills Development Providers (applicants) 4 Feb

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

DHET List of Private Skills Development Providers (applicants) updated on the 4th February 2019. The list includes all Accredited Training Providers/Skills Development Providers/Private Colleges, that have applied for registration with the DHET. In order to make the list of applicants, you need to apply for registration with the DHET. There are various phases that one application needs to go through, to get onto the list, and thereafter to stay on the list, before moving over to the Registered list of Private Colleges. More updates will follow. If you are not able to download the link, then you need to do the following:

1. Open http://www.dhet.gov.za
    2. Click on RESOURCES
    3. Under Documents, click on REGISTERS
    4. Then, click on LIST OF SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROVIDERS (APPLICANTS) 04 FEBRUARY 2019

The list starts with legal registered names that starts with a number first, thereafter in alphabetical order. Trading names are not recognized, your legal registered name is listed, as per your CIPC registration documents.

You will notice that the DHET is accepting and acknowledging various entities: Pty, CC, NPC, NPO, Trusts, Co-Operatives, Limited whereby previously they didn’t. Thank you DHET!

The link to the updated applicant list:

http://www.dhet.gov.za/Registers_DocLib/List%20of%20Skills%20Development%20Providers%20(Applicants)%2004FEBRUARY%202019.pdf

Share on Social Media
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Lynel Farrell.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Dear Lynel,
    Thank you for your positive contribution on how to access the information. It is very difficult to access if one does not know the path.

DHET have also provided me with the two files, companies that have lodged with DHET and the Register of private colleges.

As you know they are very large files so we could put them into the Downloads section as well.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
      Participant

Hi Sylvia
      You are most welcome. Please be advised that the list have been updated again this morning 6 February 2019!

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
        Keymaster

Good morning thx Lynel.
        I was thinking of uploading the file but I think that the links are better.

Share on Social Media

siphiwe Tshuma
    Participant

Thanks Lynel

Its been quite a hectic journey with DHET, I remember when we started applying we were so confused but you gave us some useful advice. Thanks again.
    Siphiwe

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
      Participant

Hi Siphiwe,
      Thank you for your kind words. It can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning. I am glad I could assist you! Keep it up!

Share on Social Media

Vanessa Siedle
    Participant

HI,

Thank you for the list and I am very relieved to see that we are on the list as I applied when we had to.

So now, do I need to follow up with them, or will our Application for Fern Hill Hotel Training College just continue to go through the motions. I have not been able to find out with whom I am supposed to follow-up with, if I am supposed to follow up. Can you advise in this regard?

Kind regards
    Vanessa

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
      Participant

Hi Vanessa, if your name is on the list of applicants, then you have passed the first 3 phases of the process. Your application will now be in the evaluation phase, in queue with the rest of the providers that are on the applicant list. The DHET is experiencing a backlog, so I would be patient and wait until you get the evaluation letter from the DHET. You are more than welcome to follow up on your application, however, take into consideration that the applications submitted in 2017 is first in queue.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media