Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET


DHET Clock is ticking, don't delay your application for registration!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 6 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #64704

    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

    By now, word should have sufficiently spread that all SETA/QCTO accredited training providers must Register with DHET by 30 November 2018. With around only 30% of providers having so far applied in the last 11 months, registering of the remaining 70% in less than 11 months makes submitting your application a priority.

    JC1 ETD Consultants (Pty) Ltd was established to assist Accredited Training Providers nationwide with the compulsory application for registration with DHET. From liaison with the relative authorities, we have developed a process and format for these applications which is compliant with DHET requirements, ensuring a greater degree of acceptance.

    We have been made aware that around 25% of the applications received by DHET have been returned as a result of providers using the incorrect forms. There are a number of other reasons for applications being returned, but using the incorrect application form is by far the biggest return factor. The accuracy, format and presentation of these applications have a strong bearing on your application being accepted or returned.

    Having been responsible for many of the changes to the DHET registration criteria to accommodate the private training provider environment, our service has been designed to present your application in the best possible manner. We have been monitoring submissions made on behalf of our customers, and as part of the standard application service, we also address issues in the DHET process which may unnecessarily disadvantage our customer’s applications.

    Having submitted around 10% of the currently accepted applications, we use our knowledge and experience, at a reasonable cost, to provide you with a service that takes away the guesswork and stress of submitting your own application. We will save you time, money and uncertainty and let you focus on your purpose of training and up-skilling our nation.

    For more information on our services, visit our website at http://www.jc1-2016.com/

    Share on Social Media
  • #64711

    Nigel Shipston
    Participant

    Thanks Lynel, remember also that DHET will be publishing lists of providers who have applied until next year February when DHET officially notifies providers of their registration status. These lists will satisfy the requests from SETA’s and customers regarding providers registration status, so the sooner a providers name is on these lists the better.

    Share on Social Media
  • #64715

    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

    Hi Nigel, I couldn’t agree with you more. I am looking forward to the first list! It is going to be so super cool, to see some progress and which providers have submitted!!

    Share on Social Media
  • #64721

    Nigel Shipston
    Participant

    Yes, I have had quite a few reports already that customers are requesting a providers DHET registration status, and we know that some of the SETA’s have also been requesting proof of registration/submission of application.

    Share on Social Media
  • #64752

    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

    Hi Nigel, yes this is becoming the requirement more often. Various SETAs are requesting proof of submission (now, that they are more aware of how long the process is taking). I do hope that the SETAs will be working more with the DHET, so that they can understand the process, timelines and requirements.

    Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media