Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Confused with the Application for Accreditaiton to QCTO and registration to DHET

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Western Cape: Accredited Training Providers! I am presenting next week – the process – of how to compile the perfect application for accreditation to the QCTO (including how to deal with the matrix), and I will take you through the process of how to apply for registration to the DHET (step by step). I will share my experience, and war stories with you. There are limited seats available. For bookings, please email Lynel : lynel@LFCSA.com – bookings will close by tomorrow 17:00! This will be the last workshop in the Western Cape for 2019! Hope to see you there!

Share on Social Media
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

I have received so many messages on the difference of attending the workshop, and getting assistance from my directly for both applications. If I had to compile the QCTO application (excluding learning material/matrix) and compile the DHET application – then the cost would be between R7500.00 – R12000.00 – the workshop fee is to cover expenses and assist providers (fees will be increased in 2020). Should I need to sit with a provider for a whole day, my fee would be based on an hourly rate and travel fees will apply. Therefore the goal is to run these workshops at the lowest fee possible, to accommodate as many providers as possible, in order to compile their own applications with ease and to reduce the cost overall.

Share on Social Media
      Tshabalala Phofa
      Participant

It seems that the QCTO and DHET requirement was actually introduced to make the process long and eventually eliminate new and existing (particularly small) applicants. This red is gradually enhancing monopoly as it compromises emerging emerging service providers with the needed skill, experience, knowledge, and competence to add value in the FET environment.

Share on Social Media
        Lynel Farrell
        Keymaster

Hi Shabalala, the application requirements are not that complex at all. The QCTO have a set standard which is far better than the SETA applications. The problem that providers have with the QCTO application, is the mere fact that they are so used to the SETA applications, that they assume that this is exactly the same (whereby it is not). The QCTO application for accreditation is actually straight forward. The DHET requirements have been implemented first with the Universities, then the Public Colleges, and now it is the Private Providers that need to go through this process. The only difference here, is that the Private Sector is massive, and capacity as well as a streamlined system is required to action thousands of applications, from the one-man-provider to the large corporate JSE listed providers. There is a huge difference. Unfortunately there are bogus providers that have been operating and our industry needs a good clean up. These bogus providers are damaging our industry, taking money from poor learners (whereby no training is done – they take the case and disappear) – all the requirements should be met by good ethical providers. There is no monopoly, it is a matter of whether the provider have their house in order, and are legal, accredited and offer quality learning programmes.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media