Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

Calls for Comment: on Deregistered misallocated Pre-2009 Qualifications

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

The Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO), in consultation with the South African Qualification Authority, is asking you to comment on the deregistered misallocated pre-2009 qualifications as well as the pre-2009 qualifications intended to be deregistered as they are using HEQSF nomenclature on the OQSF.

Comments can be emailed to publiccomments@qcto.org.za by no later than Tuesday, 30 March 2021

The public comments process is intended to enable the QCTO to obtain substantive evidence to be used to make a recommendation:

a) For the re-registration of deregistered qualifications in relation to Annexure A up until 30 June 2023 in line with the transitional arrangement provided for as part of pre 2009 qualifications (under the SAQA Act, 1995) as outlined in the Ministerial determination in Gazette 344031 of 24 December 2020.

b) For the immediate deactivation of qualifications that are no longer utilised and only keep those that are still being offered up until 30 June 2023 in line with the transitional arrangement provided for as part of pre 2009 qualifications (under the SAQA Act, 1995) as outlined in the Ministerial determination in Gazette 344031 of 24 December 2020.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Lynel,
    thanks for uploading – a really huge step by the QCTO.

I noted that they are asking for learners who have completed & been found competent – but no mention of certificates.

Now imho that’s a very good move.
    QCTO acknowledging the reality.

Please, now convey that to the SETAs. If we wait for certificates we will be years behind.

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Page 5 READS: Accredited Providers are requested to indicate qualifications that need to remain registered until 30 June 2023. Qualifications with NO learner enrolments and learner achievements will be de-registered with IMMEDIATE effect.

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Hi Sylvia,

I believe that this is for Legacy Qualifications – the problem would be if the learner data wasn’t uploaded to the NLRD. This is why the QCTO requests learner throughput between 2018 – 2021. The Certificates would have been issued by the SETA.

If Providers are submitting that there are learners enrolled and/or achieved, and it does not reflect on the NLRD – then this can be taken up with the relevant SETAs. If providers don’t submit this information, and there are no evidence on the NLRD that learners are currently in process – then the qualifications listed will be de-registered with immediate effect (not sure if immediate effect is 30 June 2021).

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thankse Lynel,
    Yes I am following along with you.

My concern is whether there will be any learners prejudiced by the administrative incompetence of one of the institutions involved – or the provider.

I currently have an example of a certificate outstanding from MERSETA – 3 years ago the learner was assessed as competent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media