Concerned Providers Interest Group – QCTO/SAQA/SETA/DHET

At a loss how to proceed… DHET applications

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

Well I have started the process, and it really feels like someone is using a sledge hammer to kill an ant…

Sorry but I just need to let off steam publicly.

Many of the questions asked which ‘have‘ to be answered simply do not apply. For example how do I fill in the section on ‘Details of Sites‘ can I simply give a grid reference or send them the attached video of one of our sites?

https://vimeo.com/207164054 Yes this is an actual training course.

As to the OH&S report…. I cannot find one of the approved organisations to do one on this venue…!

Section F wanting Staff and Student ratios ‘For the Year‘ are problematic as well… Our courses are 5 days max, but they want the detail’s per 1st, 2nd and 3rd years !!! Do I just give the total students for a year, average it out, base it on an average course or what? Some courses we may have 10, other courses 1 on their own. 

On a more serious note, I am still confused re who we are supposed to register with. Recent discussions indicated the DHET and QCTO. The QCTO has informed me today… “please be informed that QCTO does not register providers but is the department of Higher Education and Training that register providers“. 

I will keep trying, but wonder how many others are in the same situation or is it just me?

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Andrew, at times when I feel completely alone of fighting I listen to a Bon Jovi song that goes:  I don’t wanna be another wave in the ocean, I am a ROCK not just another grain of sand.  I wanna be the one you run to when you need a shoulder, I ain’t no soldier but I’m here to take a stand. Because I can.

For the past month we have heard this, read this, got calls in destress from small providers, absolutely runnng around and nowhere to go, lack of assistance (no assistance) ready to give up, sell and absolutely devastated by the application which is confusing.  What the QCTO said to you is correct.  You do not register with the QCTO, you register with the DHET.  If you deal with the QCTO it would be for accreditation (not registration).

I hate seeing you suffer and be completely frustrated with this application, and the fact that no-one responded to you as yet kills me.  I care about you as a provider, and I will help you – been working on this for months on end, fighting, questioning, getting rude responses on email that this is not necessary, unless providers are instructed by their SETAs – this is going to become an industry disaster if providers do not comply.  Adhere and comply to the DHET – do not fight them, question them or disrespect and ignore this!

Andrew, I will asssit you, I have the answers, been working on this for months.  I have tried to email providers from SETA websites, but go figure – 60% of emails came back with :   the email does not exist.  I cannot go on trying to spread the word anymore, I tried.

Andrew, please email me directly, we are 3 consultants that are currently assisting various providers nationwide, and their applications looks stunning, complete and adhere to all the requirements!

Share on Social Media

Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

You are awesome…

Share on Social Media

Janelle Gravett
    Participant

Hi Andrew

I understand where you are – am equally frustrated!

However, on a lighter note –  I do like your “classroom”!

In discussions with another provider recently, we were advised to write N/A in any section that is not relevant to us as small providers.  i.e.: Section F re the staff student ratios and 1,2,3 years.  We were advised to complete as much as we possibly can and then add in an annexure to cover every area where we mark N/A to explain WHY we have done this.

Hope this helps!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you so much Andrew, will go through what you have done for sure – will get back to you and guide you on this.  You are not alone, we fully understand your frustration!!  I will respond to your emails!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

I forgot to add Andrew – love your programme and your “classroom”, this is not for me – you will have to carry me all the way – I faint with hights – yes, I am a big mouth, but when it comes to hights and blood (now you see me, now you dont) lying on the floor – out for the count lol

Very impressive Andrew – now I fully understand your programme, WOW

Share on Social Media

Andre Du Toit
    Participant

Hi Lynel, we are still in the process of getting accredited by a SETA, but would like to register with DHET, have hundreds of questions though, any advice on how to proceed please, it will be highly appreciated

Regards

Andre

empireacadamy@gmail.com

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant
    Share on Social Media

Andre Du Toit
    Participant

Hi Lynel, thanks, I tried your email but it bounced back

Andre

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Oh my goodness I spelt my surname wrong – I do apologise for that (please don’t tell my husband this) totally embarrassed now – but please understand I am blond eish

lynel.farrell@gmail.com  (surname is FARRELL – double L at the end)

I think I am having a bad day!!!!!

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media