APPETD Association for Private Providers of ETD

Invitation: APPETD Seminar Registration of Private Providers with DHET

This topic contains 1 reply, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Corne Erasmus 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

APPETD are hosting a seminar to explain the requirements for registration of private providers in terms of Communique 1 of 2016.

Please see attached Invitation for details of the seminar and a number of relevant documents.

Invitation APPETD Seminar Registration Private Providers

Guide completing application form

Regulation registration private FET colleges

Registration requirements private colleges

Registration form private providers

Schedule fees registration private providers

DHET Bank Account details

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Corne Erasmus
    Participant

Dear Sylvia

Thank you very much for the information.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Sylvia, thank you so much for this, appreciated.  It’s a pity that there is a fee involved on an information session, but I guess it is the venue that was selected.  This information session is only based on the DHET application and costs more than the registration application fee to DHET.  A real pity.  I would’ve loved to attend.

Share on Social Media

Clive Honman
    Participant

Thank you for this info you have saved me lots of time and it is really appreciated.

Share on Social Media

Thokozani Absalom
    Participant

Thanks Sylvia for the information but, the was an error opening in some of the document can you please re-send it again

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Thoko yes there has been problems loading. Just refresh the page or go out & come back in. That seems to solve the problem.

Share on Social Media

isaac sikhakhane
    Participant

Thanks Sylvia

Share on Social Media

Thokozani Absalom
    Participant

Sylvia can you please send the following document in to my email address. 1. DHET Bank Account details, 2. Registration Private Providers and Schedule fees registration private providers. My email is Absalomthokozani@gmail.com

Share on Social Media

Hi Sylvia – thanks for the information. Really appreciate it.  

Share on Social Media

Masilo Piet Mangena
    Participant

Thank you very much Sylvia

Share on Social Media

Tom Swart
    Participant

Dear Sylvia

Thank you so much for this information!

I truly love your daily posts – a labour of love which is much appreciated!

Best regards

Tom Swart

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks to everyone for the thank you s.  For those attending please let us know about the content – and all the little extras we should know.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Further update on the meeting.
    The DHET Directorate: Examination Management and Monitoring will also be attending as special guests and will have a Q&A on Examination Centre requirements and the November 2016 results.

So this is a very important chance for our SDPs to have a chance to engage with this Directorate.

Share on Social Media

Charlene Peens
    Participant

Hi Sylvia, thank you for this important information. I am a bit lost 🙂  If we are a corporate with an accredited training department, do we have to register with DHET as well?  I seem to be reading contradicting information.  I will really appreciate some clarity

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Charlene, whether you are corporate or a one-man band – registration is compulsory.  The only time that you do not have to register with DHET is if you are a public provider/college.

So in easy terms, if you have accreditation with any of the 21 Setas and you are a private provider NOT public, then you have to register.

Furthermore, to avoid any confusion, I would recommend that you email your Seta (I trust they are current with this stipulation)

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Just for more clarity on this.  The QCTO response to us (page 14, point 11) reads:  “Must Providers be registered with DHET first before applying for accreditation/registration as a SDP by the QCTO?

The response from the QCTO reads: “They can simultaneously apply for both”

This is recorded and in writing

Share on Social Media

Charlene Peens
    Participant

Hi Lynel, thank you very much for the clarity.  We are accredited with LG-SETA so I will definitely contact them.  Not too sure if they will actually be up to date though 🙂

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

No problem Charlene.  I agree, that not all Setas are up to date, they are running around themselves with all the new regulations.  You will have more clarity if you email the QCTO directly, and you wil get an answer to this immediately.  What I recommend you do, is get all your documents together as per the registration application indicates – it is a long list of requirements.  If you start working on this now, it will just benefit your accredited training department.

Share on Social Media

Charlene Peens
    Participant

Will do – thank you so much Lynel 🙂

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

You are most welcome Charlene.  Good luck, and keep us in the loop!

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media