APPETD Association for Private Providers of ETD

DHET extends submission date for private providers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

The Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET) have extended the date for annual reports by registered private providers to 30 June 2020.

Please see communication from APPETD CEO Cynthia Reynders.

“Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown measures in place, the DHET Directorate: Registration of Private Higher Education Institutions has extended the submission of annual reports due date for private higher education institutions to 30 June 2020.

On behalf of APPETD members we take this opportunity to thank Dr Shaheeda Essack for accommodating private higher education institutions as per the below correspondence received from Directorate office.

Should you have any questions please do contact me as APPETD is here to assists you during this challenging time.”

This has also been confirmed as applying to public providers as well.

“The feedback from Dr Buthelezi is that the submission of the Annual Report to DHET for Private Colleges have been extended to the 30 June 2020 as well.”

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Hi Sylvia,

When we say the Annual Report submission extension for Private Colleges, then this would indicate providers that are accredited under Umalusi for full or part qualifications.

So, in short – all providers/institutions whom are accredited with CHE and Umalusi, needs to submit their Annual Report Submission by the 30th June 2020.

Currently registered SDPs whom only fall under the OQSF (accredited with SETAs/QCTO) only – do not need to submit this Annual Report.

This due date for submission of Annual Reports have been extended and once the lockdown have been lifted, a letter from DHET will be issued as per Dr Buthelezi (DHET: Private College Department)

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification – I posted as I received from Cynthia Reynders.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media