African Continental Qualifications Framework (ACQF)

African Continental Qualifications Framework Capacity Building

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe Samuels
      Participant

The development of the ACQF has made good progress over the last year or so.

There are 3 aspects that they concentrated on.
      1. A mapping study that will be completed by 30 September 2020
      2. Developing the ACQF policy instrument with an Action Plan for implementation and
      3 Capacity Building workshops and seminars.

The first inaugural workshop took place in Addis Abba on 3 September 2019. The next seminar was meant to happen in Pretoria in April 2020. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic this all subsequent seminars were converted into webinars. To-date 3 webinars were held.

The next one will be hosted on 24 September 2020. If you are interested to attend I post the registration details below. I will post the links of the previous webinars in my next posting here due to some technical difficulties that I have experienced.

Share on Social Media
      Joe Samuels
      Participant

Apologies I am unable to post the links. If you are interested in the webinar material and the registration links, please go to my Linkedin page to get the links https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6711998961835626496/

Regards

Joe

Share on Social Media
      Joe Samuels
      Participant

The idea with the capacity-building workshops of the ACQF is firstly to share knowledge about qualification frameworks across the world and secondly to develop a network of experts that will be able to help countries on the continent to set up their qualifications frameworks.

I upload here a slide from the Education Training Foundation’s Eduarda Branco which summarize the state of NQFs on the African continent as in September 2020.

Share on Social Media
      • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Joe Samuels.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media