4th Industrial Revolution

What is learned helplessness? It is the result of our spoon-feeding

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cas Olivier
      Participant

The more I work with teachers trained in Thinking Tools, the more I notice the difference in their students.

Share on Social Media
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks Cas for your post.
      I do understand the overall point, but what is meant by Teach “demarcation”. That word needs some clarification.

Then the third line about mind wondering. What are the circumstances that would cause a child’s mind to wonder?
      I was thinking about issues of nutrition, home circumstances.

Share on Social Media
      Cas Olivier
      Participant

Hi Sylvia,
      Demarcation is not part of my normal Thinking Tools vocabulary, maybe a pronunciation challenge from my side.

A wandering not wondering mind is a natural phenomenon and occurs with all.

You start thinking about something and then after a few second your mind hyperlinked to other ideas.

If only the teaching fraternity acceptd this as natural, we can uplift the education system.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Cas,
      That’s a good point – I think that relates to free association – in my experience it often leads to the light-bulb moments.

Have you read any of Dr Muthivhi’s articles on school children in Venda? Do a google search – I think you will be interested in his findings.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media